Newbie to Headphones ... just pulled my new Audeze LCD-2 out of box ... help please ;-)
Mar 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

pwfletcher

New Head-Fier

Hello all ... I am new here but am a longtime audiophile addict.  However, I recently had to turn my listening room into a playroom because someone keeps knocking up my wife ... probably me.  Anyway, had Mac Mini --> Bel Canto Dac 3 --> SimAudio i7 --> Dynaudio Confidence C1.  Got rid of all my gear due to space constraints and stick fingers wanting to poke in the silk dome tweeters of my Dyns.  5 minutes ago I received a new set of Audeze LCD-2 headphones in a pretty wood box and immediately plugged them into my Mac Mini server.  They sound great, but not stellar yet.  I have a Bel Canto DAC 1.5 with integrated headphone amp arriving Friday which, I am sure, will make a HUGE difference in sound quality.  However, my question is, do audiophile headphones have a break-in period like high end speakers do?  If so, how are you guys breaking them in?  Also, has anyone used the DAC 1.5 as a headphone amp yet, and if so, is it as good as the new Burson?

Apr 2, 2011 at 4:50 PM Post #2 of 3
Well, yes and no. Some people prefer to burn them in before listening to them. Other people don't believe in this sort of procedure, but it could not hurt to burn them in first, imo.

For how long? I'm not sure. It's different from headphone to headphone.

Otherwise, congratulations with one of the worlds best pair of headphones. I'm thinking of buying it myself some time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back