Newbie need`s help connecting Burson Amp to integrated amplifier please!
Dec 27, 2013 at 8:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

ronjakcs65

New Head-Fier
Hi,
      Also what Gain setting do I need for my LCD-2s? The amp and Headphones are a x mas Present from my lovely wife.A bit OTT for a newbie?Any help would be gratefully received.
                         Cheer`s Ron  
Merry Xmas.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #3 of 5
H i  Chik0240.                                     
                        Thanks for the reply,The Burson  Model is the soloist sl !   thanks Ron.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:34 PM Post #4 of 5
  H i  Chik0240.                                     
                        Thanks for the reply,The Burson  Model is the soloist sl !   thanks Ron.

Hi Ron, 

I am also a newbie of the headfi world, where I am using the Soloist SL also, only to power the HiFiman HE500, back when I purchased the combo, I was told by burson that to deliver the current needed for the orthos, we should use the high gain setting, personally I think you should try just use the RCA from whatever DAC you uses and connect it to the SL, it should have enough power to feed the LCD 2 and no need to use another integrated amplifier

Dec 29, 2013 at 10:10 AM Post #5 of 5
First of all, congratulations on a truly awesome amp. Secondly, do not hook up the amp to your receiver, but rather hook your source up to your amp - cd/DVD/sacd/vinyl/dap directly to the Burson. Thirdly, simply use your ears to figure out what gain setting to use...whatever one sounds the best to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back