1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Newbie need`s help connecting Burson Amp to integrated amplifier please!

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by ronjakcs65, Dec 27, 2013.
  1. ronjakcs65
    Hi,
          Also what Gain setting do I need for my LCD-2s? The amp and Headphones are a x mas Present from my lovely wife.A bit OTT for a newbie?Any help would be gratefully received.
                             Cheer`s Ron  
    Merry Xmas.

2. Chik0240
    what burson model is you connecting the LCDs into?

3. ronjakcs65
    H i  Chik0240.                                     
                            Thanks for the reply,The Burson  Model is the soloist sl !   thanks Ron.

4. Chik0240
    Hi Ron, 

I am also a newbie of the headfi world, where I am using the Soloist SL also, only to power the HiFiman HE500, back when I purchased the combo, I was told by burson that to deliver the current needed for the orthos, we should use the high gain setting, personally I think you should try just use the RCA from whatever DAC you uses and connect it to the SL, it should have enough power to feed the LCD 2 and no need to use another integrated amplifier

5. Bigglesworth
    First of all, congratulations on a truly awesome amp. Secondly, do not hook up the amp to your receiver, but rather hook your source up to your amp - cd/DVD/sacd/vinyl/dap directly to the Burson. Thirdly, simply use your ears to figure out what gain setting to use...whatever one sounds the best to you.