newbie! need help!
Feb 24, 2011 at 7:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stefuhno

New Head-Fier
hey guys, im sick and tired of using in ear headphones so im looking to get over the ear headphones. i mostly listen to electro/house music but also hip hop and rock so i want some headphones with some bump. heres an example of what i listen to http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS7K-shd64I i will be using them at home on my laptop and wear them to class with my ipod ( i have no intentions of getting an amp) . i dont want any headphones that leak, and preferably want some the are collapsible/ fold. not willing to spend more than 125. im no audiophile i just want some good bang for my buck quality headphones.

right now my options are 

[size=1.7em] Shure SRH440 [/size]

[size=1.7em] Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B[/size]

denon hp 500

if you guys have any recommendations feel free to help me out. i just dont want to make the mistake and order something that doesnt suit me

Feb 24, 2011 at 10:39 AM Post #2 of 7
Allow me endorse the SRH440.  As an owner of the SRH440, I can assure you you'll find an exceptionally smooth, clean and clear sound signature that has great detail and a bass that very well controlled.  You will literally discover nuances in your music that you've never heard before.  So go ahead and get 'em, I have a feeling you won't regret it.

Feb 24, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #5 of 7
Hmm, I don't have experience with the Denons although its specs look pretty good and Denon is a very reputable company.

Feb 25, 2011 at 2:03 AM Post #6 of 7
so are the shures good for electronic type music ( i need some good bass) also i read they are a little heavy and not to comfortable? also someone recommended ATH-M50 know anything on them? btw thanks a lot man 

Feb 25, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #7 of 7
Hmm, if you need a stronger than neutral bass response then maybe the M50s might be better for you?  Although, I think the SRH440 wouldn't fare too badly here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back