Newbie in need of advice,My Situation with ifi DACs
Feb 24, 2022 at 12:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

adrianambriz

New Head-Fier
I bought my first DAC ever after reading for weeks about how to improve audio quality so landed into de Ifi Zen Dac V2, also moved to Tidal. This set up changed the way how I thought I knew about music, silly me, how come in 37 years old of existence I never thought that a DAC and Service provider could make a huge change. Any way, I went into the rabbit hole and bought a second DAC the Ifi Go which I love it, also I bought the Beyerdynamic DT1990 and I just keep listening things that I have never listened before like the second voice in the background of some David Bowie songs. My problem with Ifi products is that I am addicted to bass and the depth they offer. I bought the Aune DAC BU2 and I had to send it back because it was too flat, in fact to me, my Beyerdynamics sounded better when conected directly to the iphone,; am I being spoiled by ifi signature? I would hate to buy the Hip DAC and end up in 3 ifi products, the Zen Dac, the Go blue and the Hip Dac. I feel I need another type of signature but also a Portable DAC that can be good as Ifi but in their own signature. Please let me know your advice of a portable DAC under 300usd. I don't need BT. I hope I can find a DAC with good separation, stage and as impressive as the ones that I bought.

Feb 24, 2022 at 5:18 AM Post #2 of 4
The Chord Mojo 1 comes to mind.....

Feb 25, 2022 at 12:18 AM Post #4 of 4
Just use an apple lighting dongle and call it a day. Perhaps you will get a chance to visit HK or Singapore in the future - that’s the place to buy hifi.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back