Newbie here. Just bought a Denon AH D2000.
Dec 8, 2010 at 2:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

dsowner

New Head-Fier
Please don't laugh or anything. I'm incredibly new at this. I bought the Denon AH D2000 so that I can listen to my songs at home. But I'm also wondering if you can use it with my iPhone or PSP when going out? I'm sorry if this is a stupid question. =]

Also another question, I'm not an audiophile as much as a picky listener. So I guess that means an amp is totally optional for me right? I don't need perfection, but I also don't want crappy headphones that comes with portable electronics.

Dec 8, 2010 at 3:42 PM Post #4 of 7
Will definitely take more than your normal earbuds
They'll sound softer, then you have to turn the volume up then it takes more battery 

If you don't need to, you probably don't wanna use them on your PSP for games, unless you have lots of battery i guess 

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:16 PM Post #5 of 7
Welcome to headfi and sorry about your wallet,
When I had my D2000s, they benefited form an amp tremendously, but if you've never heard better, than they will sound fantastic out of a ipod or iphone.  Just remember that these headphones will show you the compression in mp3s.  You may find yourself wanting to at least rip your music in cd quality.  

Dec 8, 2010 at 4:22 PM Post #6 of 7

Quote:
Welcome to headfi and sorry about your wallet,
When I had my D2000s, they benefited form an amp tremendously, but if you've never heard better, than they will sound fantastic out of a ipod or iphone.  Just remember that these headphones will show you the compression in mp3s.  You may find yourself wanting to at least rip your music in cd quality.  

FLAC ? ^^

Users who are viewing this thread

Back