Newbie - First serious cans - money issue - Mostly for Rock music
Mar 29, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #61 of 72
After a bit of thought, it seems to be boiled down to the HD600 - yes it's a lot, but since the AD700 costs so much compared to, it's worth it imo. So for the amp, it needs to be a dac, since it will only be used with digital devices (95% desktop computer with X-fi extreme gamer sound card 5% with my iPod). So what amplifier supports that? - Still making a good sound for the HD600 and still being somewhat cheap

Mar 29, 2009 at 8:35 PM Post #62 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Christian Boysen /img/forum/go_quote.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
Yeah well, about the RS-1 thing. It's gonna blow my budget with about 300%
wink.gif
- every grado is highly overpriced here I think. They will cost around 1000$ in Denmark.

For used you can find them around $500 + $50 UPS. and the K-271 for $125 on the FS forum.

Mar 29, 2009 at 9:21 PM Post #63 of 72
If it was my $360 to spend, I would buy a new sound card with a built-in headphone amp (maybe the Auzen Forte or the more expensive ASUS STX or HT Omega Claro Halo) and then spend the rest on a pair of Denon 2000's. For my personal taste, the AT's and the Grado SR225's just don't have enough deep bass. I'm a rock lover too.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:20 AM Post #64 of 72
i would say grado because they dont need an amp or anything really...maybe get a cheaper pair, 125's or even the 80's and save up for a nicer dac or something

Mar 30, 2009 at 4:28 AM Post #65 of 72
I think you are forgetting that the Grado sr225 costs just as much as the senn HD 650 (just about 360$) here

Thanks anyway - But I think I'm gonna go with the senn 600 and then just wait till I get some more money, and then buy a somewhat portable amp

Mar 30, 2009 at 7:25 AM Post #66 of 72
So I have finally decided to go with the Senn 600 - gonna buy them someday soon. But I really need an amp for them - and it has to portable. When Im on the run with my iPod or when i just need to connect it through the 3.5 jack connection on my X-fi extreme gamer sound card.

so - any suggestions? - I heard that cmoy was a good idea, but I don't really know where to get one here in europe? or should I go with something completely different.. ? (still in the portable cheap genre (100-150$)

Mar 30, 2009 at 11:47 AM Post #67 of 72
Maybe a mini3. If you can't solder, I'm sure someone else will do it for you.
There's the ibassos and xenos amps too.

Mar 30, 2009 at 1:20 PM Post #68 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ishcabible /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe a mini3. If you can't solder, I'm sure someone else will do it for you.
There's the ibassos and xenos amps too.

Doubt anyone will solder anything for me - Of course I could go with the Pa2v2 from Gary, but from Canada to Denmark.. Vat + tranport fee will kill it.. So I looked at the Ibasso T4 in the danish stores.. But that will cost me 1300kr (230$ ) + the iPod cable = 300kr (70$).. sorry for my sucky head calculations.. but still .. it's quite pricey..

So I thought of buying them off ibassos store directly for around 180$ (thats included transport fee) - but they do not take any consideration of the VAT fees... and that I think will kill me.. and if something goes wrong and I have to send it back.. that will be a no go

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:05 AM Post #69 of 72
MisterX builds Mini3s. It isn't hard actually. If a 14 year old can do it, anyone can do it!
I wouldn't do it again though.

Mar 31, 2009 at 12:08 AM Post #70 of 72
You really need to E-mail Gary about the PA2V2. I have read several posts from people in Brazil, England, and other parts of the world that have received his amp for $65-$70 US dollars. Talk to him, he is great to deal with, and helpful before, during, and after purchase. I think you are worried too much about the extra costs before you talk to him.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #71 of 72
Quote:

Originally Posted by Busta9iron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You really need to E-mail Gary about the PA2V2. I have read several posts from people in Brazil, England, and other parts of the world that have received his amp for $65-$70 US dollars. Talk to him, he is great to deal with, and helpful before, during, and after purchase. I think you are worried too much about the extra costs before you talk to him.

Yeah I may be .. I'll give it a try.. It's my birthday anyway.. Just had to mention it :p

Mar 31, 2009 at 6:04 AM Post #72 of 72
iBasso are distributed in Denmark, if that is of interest.
I can't really talk about them, just know they've got that danish distributor.

Good deals can be struck at the FS-forum, portable amps generally don't have a very good resale value, patience will pay of.

Happy birthday!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back