New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Aug 7, 2017 at 12:08 AM Post #1,201 of 1,364
Sure, I actually plan to do a loooong and elaborate post on the subject, but the conclusion will sound along these lines:

Z1: Get yourself emx500 earphones, upgrade caps, try lots of op-amps (anything you hear anyone raving about or if its me who is raving, then TLE2082, OPA2132 and LME49720HA and maybe OPA627 on a dual adaptor, just to be different and cool) and relax, enjoy the ride, it's a wonderful journey that would never end.

Z2: Get yourself CH9T and DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING! Just enjoy the music. :L3000:

Why? This would require looong and elaborate explanation, I will do my best... soon...
I would still upgrade the output caps to reclaim a bit more of low frequency content :jecklinsmile:

IMG_5651.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #1,203 of 1,364
Hi guys, I have a question.

Have anyone take the Z1 with you on the flight?

I'm plan for a trip and I just wonder if there would be any issue with security check at the airport.

Thanks

Probably no if you don't act suspicious........... I am planing to strap Z1 to Z2 and bring it up the plane by this year end, so yeah......... which looks worse..........

Aug 8, 2017 at 6:28 AM Post #1,206 of 1,364
Probably no if you don't act suspicious........... I am planing to strap Z1 to Z2 and bring it up the plane by this year end, so yeah......... which looks worse..........

Flights has never been issues for me... Europe and Asia but I wouldn't be surprised if something happens with USA custom.... They are insane with security right?

Yes, I did. In a flight in Europe.

Thank you... I'm not going to US so I'll take my chance then. :D

Aug 11, 2017 at 12:01 AM Post #1,210 of 1,364
EMX500 is the winner compared to the 32/32S no doubt. As far as sibilance I haven't experienced it yet, but I would guess it's the recording.

Newest-FENGRU-DIY-EMX500-In-ear-Earphones-Flat-Head-Plug-DIY-Earphone-HiFi-Bass-Earbuds-DJ.jpg

I just got the EMX500 and have been using it for a few days. Here is a initial review

the sound signature ihas similar characteristics to the monks. The sound is just right with a mixture of warm and cold tonality. Warm + sweet sound signature.The sound has interesting "flavours" in treble, mid-bass and bass at different times in a a song or movie.There is decent attack and spaciousness in the sound with the right translucency , clarity fluidity and layering. They can described as being analytical with a natural, organic accurate sound imaging and wide soundstage with decent layering and resolution. There is less distortion and noise and rather clean.

Treble: A decent amount of sparkle, detail and and crispness. Analytical, smooth and organic in nature. Clear and decent amount of transparency and resolution and weight and presence. There is a certain amount of wetness to the lower treble. No harshness or sibilance.This is where these earbuds trash the monks.

Mids: Neither recessed or too forward but maintains a good sense of presence with a cold tonality.A good amount of detail and smoothness. The lower mids are where the mids excel in detail.Vocals are clear with a certain upper mid emphasis to them for some detail and clarity.Compared to the monks which have a very forward full bodies mid,there is no harshness or fatigue while vocals is still relatively forward. There is a good sense of attack and accuracy to the mids.

Bass: Excellent sub bass. Smooth and accurate. There is little distortion with a emphasis on the lower mids to sub bass. there is cold tonality/timbre to the sub bass while the monks have a warm upper bass with sub bass lacking.Bass strong but not overwhelming.

Soundstage: THey have a wide soundstage comparable to the monks but detail , imaging horizontal, vertical depth and clarity is better.Positioning and accuracy is better than the monks but the rhythm ( movement of sound) in the monks is slightly better. But There is better articulation between high, mids and low compared tot he monks which are rather flat.Much lesser noise and distortion than the monks.

Should u buy this over the monks? Yes if u are interested in smooth but clean sound with better details.

Last edited:
Aug 12, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #1,212 of 1,364
The walnut F1 is out for sometimes now, but I haven't seen a proper impression or review of them. I hope that someone have it will post some impressions as I want to buy it to pair with my Zishan Z1 and Xduoo X3 :ksc75smile:

Aug 12, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #1,214 of 1,364
My zishan z1 seems to be broken, it won't play any music, but the blue led is still blinking if I put sd card there and i already charged it for several hours, it still works as an amp though, so opamp shouldn't be the problem, it also doesn't put out sound as a DAC, and installing the new firmware didn't do anything. Anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? :frowning2:

Aug 12, 2017 at 2:47 AM Post #1,215 of 1,364
My zishan z1 seems to be broken, it won't play any music, but the blue led is still blinking if I put sd card there and i already charged it for several hours, it still works as an amp though, so opamp shouldn't be the problem, it also doesn't put out sound as a DAC, and installing the new firmware didn't do anything. Anyone else experienced this? Is there a solution? :frowning2:

Have you attempted a "Reset"?
See this post - https://www.head-fi.org/threads/new-zishan-z1-dsd-player-thread.844417/page-64#post-13573400

Users who are viewing this thread

Back