New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Jun 6, 2017 at 12:02 AM Post #631 of 1,364
I see, that will be quite interesting, thank you...well I had done more research yesterday and spotted tons of problems with the walnut v2s in example being unable to playback a simple cd ripped file (FLAC) and its DAC is unable to function properly.... Sorry to ask this but does Zishan has a saber house sound (harsh and sometime overly bright high)?

Ahh the trash "bug"....well that happened to me when I switched over to mac platform years ago....that sucks though....anyways it seems like mostly of my DSD64 file will have hope being playback by this unit....sadly my DSD128 will be left alone. Thank you anyways.

Hmm well I had notice that my aune m1s heated up quite a bit especially when I am playing back DSD files....nevertheless, I can still pair thIs up with my Sony NWZ-A15 which is quite low power and needs a little omph to drive some of my earbuds.

Ohh thanks for the correction.
In my opinion it has a nice black background and not harsh at all. I really love it. If it were harsh or bright I wouldn't be listening to it.

Jun 6, 2017 at 12:59 AM Post #632 of 1,364
Jun 6, 2017 at 2:20 AM Post #636 of 1,364
Ha ha I have the H180 also. I agree with you. In my opinion it's not on the same planet as the EMX500 or Ty Hi Z 32/32S for that matter.
I agree too:) 32s is also surprisingly good with z1, personally I just find the EMX500 more interesting. To me 32s has an even punchier but also a bit more one-note bass, and also sharper in the upper mids. Sound is more cramped and intense, where as EMX500 is a bit more relaxed and large sounding. I've head some sibilance with some Seal albums, but I don't know if z1 or EMX500 or the recording is responsible for that

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #637 of 1,364
I agree too:) 32s is also surprisingly good with z1, personally I just find the EMX500 more interesting. To me 32s has an even punchier but also a bit more one-note bass, and also sharper in the upper mids. Sound is more cramped and intense, where as EMX500 is a bit more relaxed and large sounding. I've head some sibilance with some Seal albums, but I don't know if z1 or EMX500 or the recording is responsible for that
EMX500 is the winner compared to the 32/32S no doubt. As far as sibilance I haven't experienced it yet, but I would guess it's the recording.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:43 AM Post #638 of 1,364
Sorry if i missed this part guys..
How much the output of Z1 lineout? 1v? 2v?

Thanks in advanve

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:11 AM Post #642 of 1,364
For those who've tried to switch op amps, is it noticeable that you changed it? I mean, the aesthetics?
I mean, the scratches, etc.
(Sorry, Im really not sure what words to use.)

EDIT:
Get your hands on a LME49720HA and mount it on a 8 pin dip socket adapter. You wont look back.
You just posted while I was writing. May ask you the question above?

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 3:28 AM Post #643 of 1,364
No. I wish it did. It would make life easy for me. I have two libraries one with .wav and one wit .aif. Get XLD and convert your .aif files. It's kind of a pain, but having both is nice.

Ahh...that really is a huge pain in the ass for me since mostly of my non dsd files are in .aif....nevertheless, than you for the reply.

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #644 of 1,364
Some opamp notes. I've tried OPA2132PA, LM6172IN, LME4972NA, OPA2604AP, and finally LME49720HA. I've been comparing the Z1 with each of these against the IBasso DX90 as a reference point. Of these opamps, I like the LME4972NA and the LME4972HA best. The NA, if I recall well, gives more mid presence and texture than the DX90, which sounds quite liquid and smooth by comparison, in this sense, they complement one another as different sounds. I thought that the OPA2604AP was going to be as close as I'd get to the sound of the DX90, the AP being still a little more present in mids, and almost as smooth, but giving a less cohesive sound, and then I got the LME49720HA which sounds very similar to the DX90, it's liquid and cohesive - if there's more mid presence it's very little. On a practical note, regarding the LME49720HA - the legs had been trimmed and spaced by the seller to go straight in the DP8 slot, and whilst it's trickier than a dip-8 opamp to fit, it's not particularly difficult.
I've listened to these variously with Carbo Tenore, Havi B3 pro 1, Hi Z 32, and Yinman 150. The DX90 has more gain than the Z1, and the Tenore and B3 are both low sensitivity earphones, and if you like to listen to music at unhealthy volumes, the Z1 may not be ideal for you with these, but not a problem for me, the B3 having the better synergy.

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2017 at 4:04 AM Post #645 of 1,364
For those who've tried to switch op amps, is it noticeable that you changed it? I mean, the aesthetics?
I mean, the scratches, etc.
(Sorry, Im really not sure what words to use.)

EDIT:

You just posted while I was writing. May ask you the question above?
You mean to someone else? Most opamps look the same with the exception to the Burson V5i and the LME49720HA. There are probably others, but I haven't tried them. For the most part a NE5532N looks like a OPA2604, but they have markings on the top of the chip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back