Jun 4, 2017 at 2:48 AM Post #601 of 1,364
Oh, Z1 also?

Then, burn in it is.

Jun 4, 2017 at 5:21 AM Post #602 of 1,364
Do this, let's just try:
Turn your Z1 ON first.
Pause.
Insert USB cable.

I assume you're doing otherwise. V2s, on the other hand, can't be detected as DAC when you first insert cable, and pause.

and btw, I have to share that my V2s as dac has audible pops/clicks/cracklings (or whatever you call it). I already tried it both on mac and pc, and using three different cables. So it was really on the device. I hope your Z1 guys don't have this issue. I am thinking I will sell this V2s and buy Z1, once I have read enough comments about Z1's dac.

I'm just trying the Z1 as USB DAC on my laptop, and the only thing I hear, apart from music xD, is some... is not hiss, I think it's electric noise from the USB port. All my USB ports are almost broken, so I'm pretty sure that the noise comes from the laptop.

Jun 4, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #603 of 1,364
Do this, let's just try:
Turn your Z1 ON first.
Pause.
Insert USB cable.

I assume you're doing otherwise. V2s, on the other hand, can't be detected as DAC when you first insert cable, and pause.

and btw, I have to share that my V2s as dac has audible pops/clicks/cracklings (or whatever you call it). I already tried it both on mac and pc, and using three different cables. So it was really on the device. I hope your Z1 guys don't have this issue. I am thinking I will sell this V2s and buy Z1, once I have read enough comments about Z1's dac.
No crackling pops sound on my z1 on dac mode

Jun 4, 2017 at 5:48 AM Post #604 of 1,364
I'm just trying the Z1 as USB DAC on my laptop, and the only thing I hear, apart from music xD, is some... is not hiss, I think it's electric noise from the USB port. All my USB ports are almost broken, so I'm pretty sure that the noise comes from the laptop.

No crackling pops sound on my z1 on dac mode

Good to know you don't have this issue. I'll try to burn it in first.

Jun 4, 2017 at 8:19 PM Post #607 of 1,364
Phone charger should be ok, but I find that if your charger outputs 1A or higher, both the charger and Z1 get too warm for my liking (it will obviously vary depending on your local weather, for me it is currently 25-30C).

If I use 0.5A charger then the Z1 does not give off any heat but will take longer to charge (nearly 3hrs when the battery is empty).

The Z1 uses battery management and never takes more than 600mAh when charging over USB (tested here with various chargers and two Z1s). Hence a more juicy charger won't change a thing.

Z1.jpg

Jun 5, 2017 at 4:54 AM Post #608 of 1,364
Seriously, I'm enjoying a lot the Zishan Z1. From now on, Z1+Monk plus is my main combo for listening to music outside. This earbuds appreciate a lot the amplification, and they are even better than before

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:08 PM Post #610 of 1,364
May I confirm a few things
- Does it support DSD128?
- Does it act as a DAC for mac?
- Does it support 128gb micro sd card?
- Does it act as an AMP (to connect to my aune m1s)?
My apology for asking the same questions again, this is because I am very confused after reading every single one of you guys comment in this thread.

Jun 5, 2017 at 12:35 PM Post #611 of 1,364
About DAC with mac: I had'nt tried, but it worked in 5 seconds. Tried with wav, mp3, flac, all seemed to be fine to my ears.
Screen_Shot_2017-06-05_at_18.30.12.png

It seemed to eat my Sandisk 128gb just fine, but its not practical at all navigationwise. Ordered 2 x 16GB samsung instead. Navigation is a joy with a fast card, where as I had a cheap Ali card where navigation was slow and music was sometimes stuttering.

Last edited:
Jun 5, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #612 of 1,364
About DAC with mac: I had'nt tried, but it worked in 5 seconds. Tried with wav, mp3, flac, all seemed to be fine to my ears.
Screen_Shot_2017-06-05_at_18.30.12.png

It seemed to eat my Sandisk 128gb just fine, but its not practical at all navigationwise. Ordered 2 x 16GB samsung instead. Navigation is a joy with a fast card, where as I had a cheap Ali card where navigation was slow and music was sometimes stuttering.

Ohh, really thank you very much for you effort.....anyways I have heard good feedback about this device, do you have any negative opinion regarding the sound quality of the unit you are having? I am quite unsure whether to get this unit or the Walnut V2s........since this unit support DSD and mostly of my file are in DSD format anyways.

Jun 5, 2017 at 1:03 PM Post #614 of 1,364
Ohh, really thank you very much for you effort.....anyways I have heard good feedback about this device, do you have any negative opinion regarding the sound quality of the unit you are having? I am quite unsure whether to get this unit or the Walnut V2s........since this unit support DSD and mostly of my file are in DSD format anyways.
Get the Zishan. I have the opamp rollable Walnut and I prefer the Z1 by quite a margin. No negatives to report so far. Works like a DAC on my mac and will take my 200G card (Though it can get laggy). Great little player

Users who are viewing this thread

Back