New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Jun 2, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #586 of 1,364
There are some real useless eqs that will ruin your phones, and hearing, why they included them idk, I wish there was a possibility to edit the OS options, remove some eqs and stuff.
yeah there are a couple of EQ settings that the FBI could use to force out criminals from hiding. There's one where the bass is so boosted and distorted, I feel like I've been shoved in the trunk with the subwoofers in a low-rider. Rattles my brain windows.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #588 of 1,364
Hey bro, you from Manila? I think some opamp mentioned here can be bought online locally. Will check my chat logs with my friend later on.

Judging with your sig. KZ iem's and walnut and zishan. How are those iems usibg these cheap DAP? I just bought KZ KST and Zishan Z1 from PenonAudio i hope it will work well with KZ iems. Have you tried it with open back cans like SHP9500S?
Thabks kabayan.

Technically, no. I am from Bukidnon.

I think some opamp mentioned here can be bought online locally. Will check my chat logs with my friend later on.

I will wait for your advice then.

Judging with your sig. KZ iem's and walnut and zishan. How are those iems usibg these cheap DAP? I just bought KZ KST and Zishan Z1 from PenonAudio i hope it will work well with KZ iems. Have you tried it with open back cans like SHP9500S?

I haven't played with my ZST yet, as I just received my V2s and monks+ yesterday (16hrs ago as of post) and I'm spending the past few hours (accumulated 1hr+) testing.

And by the way, I was in this thread for Z1 vs V2s, but since I went for the walnut line, I am just here for op amps. I can't speak for Z1.

Never tried the NJM2114D.

copy that.

Jun 3, 2017 at 12:49 AM Post #589 of 1,364
New to this and I've read through the entire thread so I thought I'd ask some questions to clarify.

So far what op amps have been tested and are good for the Zishan?

Low impedance iems/earbuds will have trouble (if less than 32ohms?)

Zishan Z1 can act as a DAC in USB DAC mode and is compatible with phones, mac, and windows? USB DAC mode supports up to 16bit/48k?

Whats the status on amp mode?

Does the card reader work?

Are there any accessories that would be useful?

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #591 of 1,364
Will PM you later. :)

Technically, no. I am from Bukidnon.

I will wait for your advice then.

I haven't played with my ZST yet, as I just received my V2s and monks+ yesterday (16hrs ago as of post) and I'm spending the past few hours (accumulated 1hr+) testing.

And by the way, I was in this thread for Z1 vs V2s, but since I went for the walnut line, I am just here for op amps. I can't speak for Z1.

copy that.

Jun 3, 2017 at 10:57 AM Post #593 of 1,364
BTW, anyone has tried the USB DAC function with a smartphone with Google Music?? I will try at the moment I receive my MicroUSB-MicroUSB cable from Penon Audio
Mine does not work on my phone Huawei Honor 6x. It's selective on other models. But on my PC it is working as a usb dac.

Last edited:
Jun 3, 2017 at 9:08 PM Post #597 of 1,364
HELPP! My Zishan Z1' USB DAC functionality worked flawlessly for 2 days but then it just stopped working today... All the lights still light up, but the computer doesn't recognize it as a sound card anymore. I also tried it with my laptop, the same thing happens...

Jun 3, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #598 of 1,364
HELPP! My Zishan Z1' USB DAC functionality worked flawlessly for 2 days but then it just stopped working today... All the lights still light up, but the computer doesn't recognize it as a sound card anymore. I also tried it with my laptop, the same thing happens...
Try to reset. Go to page 19 there's an instruction.

Jun 4, 2017 at 1:24 AM Post #599 of 1,364

Do this, let's just try:
Turn your Z1 ON first.
Pause.
Insert USB cable.

I assume you're doing otherwise. V2s, on the other hand, can't be detected as DAC when you first insert cable, and pause.

and btw, I have to share that my V2s as dac has audible pops/clicks/cracklings (or whatever you call it). I already tried it both on mac and pc, and using three different cables. So it was really on the device. I hope your Z1 guys don't have this issue. I am thinking I will sell this V2s and buy Z1, once I have read enough comments about Z1's dac.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back