New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #171 of 1,364
Tried the zishan z1 quickly with multi driver iem from a friend..
Actually it sounds fine! I don't know if it is at his best but it's nothing like the walnut.
Zishan is burying the walnut

I have annoying drop out with the Zishan as DAC edit: no more drop out using short usb cable
Still not figured how to mount the sd card on my laptop

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #174 of 1,364
This is probably not the best place to ask this question but I'm intrigued by this little beast and need to make a decision.
I've got two Fiio x1's, one for music and one for bbc speech programmes and a Samsung Galaxy player 5.0 for podcasts.
The lack of bookmarking on the Fiio's is a real pain for the bbc stuff
I can see me using a Zishan for music not for speech because I listen once and then delete so not being able to delete on the machine rules it out.
So why do I need yet another machine with no display and less functionality than every other machine I own?

Please help.
I know that I've got a problem and you guys are all rational and sensible when it comes to buying yet more kit aren't you?
Anyway it's only 30 quid.

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #175 of 1,364
Where can I find micros usb in micro usb out cable to pair the zishan with my phone? I found one on AE but it's $80

Also I didn't find out how to mount the sd card on the laptop. should I press some buttons?

http://stores.ebay.com/yourcharger/

Check this store, look for micro -> micro OTG .. I use the right angled one for my Fiio Q1

Apr 30, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #176 of 1,364
This is probably not the best place to ask this question but I'm intrigued by this little beast and need to make a decision.
I've got two Fiio x1's, one for music and one for bbc speech programmes and a Samsung Galaxy player 5.0 for podcasts.
The lack of bookmarking on the Fiio's is a real pain for the bbc stuff
I can see me using a Zishan for music not for speech because I listen once and then delete so not being able to delete on the machine rules it out.
So why do I need yet another machine with no display and less functionality than every other machine I own?

Please help.
I know that I've got a problem and you guys are all rational and sensible when it comes to buying yet more kit aren't you?
Anyway it's only 30 quid.

Listening music on a screenless player is an amazing experience. And if its not enough, Zishan does also portable amp and dac. Sell your extra FiiO X1 you don't need it :p

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:55 PM Post #177 of 1,364
Woa, I know Z1 can do USB dac but is amp mode confirmed?

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #178 of 1,364
Music needs to be paused first, and then you use Next/Previous buttons to change folders

Apr 30, 2017 at 9:04 PM Post #180 of 1,364
What what! Both amp mode AND USB dac mode? And a dedicated DAC that boot

Wow now I just need to wait for mine to arrive to compare to my Walnut V2.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Back