1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by musicday, Apr 15, 2017.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last
  1. musicday
    Still didn't get it but tracking say is in London.I have a feeling that is today,will look out for postmen.
    Edit:
    Just got it now. Charging at the moment but quick listening tells me this a above Walnut.
    More about the sound later when i plan to try DSD 256.

actorlife and peter123 like this.
  2. DavidRrofel
    I got mine this morning, it's charging now. Waiting to hear it just 2 things... first i like that it came with a bag, second i don't like:that the volume knob it doesn't switch the Z1 off .

Ver JJ likes this.
  3. Frederick Wang
    @letlive @silverfishla unfortunately, Z1 perhaps sucks power from cellphone when paring up.
    @Holypal not yet, in theory it should play DSD64 ISO, as is said by Zishan, there are many combinations to try... 
    @ballog the sound is quite clean to me, seems to be fine. 
    @musicday @DavidRrofel congratulations! 

4. groucho69
    WISH sends an email on the day of promised arrival asking did you get your package? Answer no and you are given a choice of (a) waiting or (b) refund. Choose refund and it is refunded back to your PayPal account in seconds. Now that is standing behind your service. 

5. Dark Helmet
    How does the Z1 sound with low impedance IEM's?

6. macky112
    Any1 else received their Z1 yet??? Mine is stuck in the EMS limbo

7. noknok23
    I should get mine soon, hopefully next week. BTW, can anyone compare with Walnut? What is the default opamp being used?

8. macky112
    Z1 uses NE5532, but I am not sure if it's the exact same one as the Walnut V2.0 which uses the TI varient (Walnut V2.1 has a 2604 soldered on)

9. dkfuel
    I just got bitten by the DAP bug and a player like this and the Walnut are exactly the kind of toys I like to play with. I ordered the Walnut and then saw a day later that this player existed. I ordered it immediately. I was actually sad that I had ordered the Walnut just a day before because I am more interested in FLAC than WAV. It's an extra step converting/stripping id3 tags but damn the Walnut sounds good!

But in terms of this thread -- does the Zishan require you to strip id3 tag information/metadata as well? I read over this entire thread but must have missed that tidbit if it was mentioned.

I received my Walnut three days ago and yet the Zishan has not arrived, despite only ordering it a day later. 6 days posted (null.) Patience is a virtue! Alas -- the Walnut arrived in 7 days to the Los Angeles area. That is insane (but in a good way.)

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  10. rcoleman1
    Received my Z1 today. Listened to a couple of high resolution FLAC tracks (no metadata tag editing or album art removal needed). With my VE Zen 2.0 earbuds for only a few minutes...all I can say is WOW! Power and detail is just there. This was one heck of a deal. More impressions to come later.

tarhana likes this.
  11. actorlife
    Good to hear rc. Anyway to eq or do you need an external amp? Bass and treble extension?

12. noknok23
    Received mine today too. Build quality is much better than Walnut, feels more durable. Usb port is not floating inside, only being hold by the pcb solder and the sd card is not sticking out like it is on the walnut. Everything is neatly placed and cut. I took out the op amp to use the signetic i got from vapman. It works right out of the box as a dac with my windows10 computer. Plug-and-play. Read my 64exfat gb card just fine. Skip folder works, etc. The volume pot stop increase volume at half like walnut. From memories, the sound of the zishan seems to be roughly similar from the walnut, -raw and forward- but I may need to do more burn-in.
    I can comfortably go to max volume with the puresound 600 - will try as an amp with aune m1s later.
    it's weird but the line out is weaker than the regular out.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
  13. rcoleman1
    No way to EQ. Bass and Treble seem to be "true". Nothing added...nothing taken away.

14. noknok23
    Where can I find micros usb in micro usb out cable to pair the zishan with my phone? I found one on AE but it's $80

Also I didn't find out how to mount the sd card on the laptop. should I press some buttons?

15. dkfuel
    Wow. So many boxes checked in terms of features for this player that the Walnut cannot currently match. I sincerely hope Walnut can release a FW update to go head-to-head with it.

That's not a complaint though -- I knew what I was going to get when I ordered the Walnut and it has exceeded my expectations sound wise. Those extra features though would be more than just icing on the cake.

So excited to get my Zisha soon! "Posting null 7d ago!" LOL

Thanks for the reviews/impressions guys!

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Next

Last