New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #361 of 367
Yep, more gear than I'm willing to admit...

Was very cool to try out all the gear that was on show, a big thank you to everyone, I came back home and now underwhelmed with what I'm listening to here.

@HelmetGuy
Your vinyl setup amazed me the most, it was brilliant.

Cheers mate 
smily_headphones1.gif
 It was a minor miracle that it worked properly on the day!

Yup, what a bummer. Hopefully this will become an annual affair. I was wondering if there is a "regular hangout" for those in Auckland? Just to meet for coffee and talk about music and gadgets?

How about a get-together every two or three months? Unfortunately I can't offer my place as a meeting spot - don't think I'm anywhere near a hi-fi store and seating is extremely limited....

May 26, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #362 of 367
How about a get-together every two or three months? Unfortunately I can't offer my place as a meeting spot - don't think I'm anywhere near a hi-fi store and seating is extremely limited....

I live diagonally opposite Audio Reference. Anyone close enough to Terry to convince him to open his place and sell more headphones and hi-fi gear to a bunch of potential customers over the weekend??

Just throwing out ideas. His place look big enough to hold quite a number of people, though security might be a concern.

May 26, 2014 at 5:33 PM Post #363 of 367
Thanks to everyone who organised the event (particularly NZTF) and brought gear along. I was surprised at how the limitations of my Beyer 880s were exposed when compared with the T1's, Senn's and those awesome HE6's.

I was however very happy with the way my O2 DAC/amp stacked up against most of the other amps and DACs.

I work just down the road from Terry and have a bit of a rapport with him, as one of my colleagues spent over $5k on his gear last year... for those that haven't been to Audio Reference before - just go. I can pop in there and ask the question - or I guess if Murray is returning his gear, he could ask too.

I'd definitely be keen to meet up with other headfiers in and around Auckland.

May 29, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #364 of 367
Alrighty then, I just had a chat with Terry and he is really keen to host a small meet at his place 
o2smile.gif
. He will be away in France for a while though, so is not back until the 12th of July. He is happy to set up table for our gear, he has his Monaural amps and DAC, plus a few Audeze cans. He suggested an evening get together, a glass or three of wine and then let the fun begin...

We may need to restrict numbers, as his place would be cramped with more than 20 peeps. Any preferences for day and time, say late July/early Aug?

He is also happy to host these on a regular basis...

May 30, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #365 of 367
  Alrighty then, I just had a chat with Terry and he is really keen to host a small meet at his place 
o2smile.gif
. He will be away in France for a while though, so is not back until the 12th of July. He is happy to set up table for our gear, he has his Monaural amps and DAC, plus a few Audeze cans. He suggested an evening get together, a glass or three of wine and then let the fun begin...

We may need to restrict numbers, as his place would be cramped with more than 20 peeps. Any preferences for day and time, say late July/early Aug?

He is also happy to host these on a regular basis...

Thanks for speaking to Terry, and kudos to the man for taking that up. Unfortunately I will be away after end June for a few months myself, so I will be missing this get together. I am sure this gathering will be good for catching up for music, life and gadgets. Cannot believe I won't be there for the first meet up! Arrgghh...

Jun 1, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #366 of 367
A bit late to the party here but just wanted to give a quick shout out to Murray and Billy for organising such a fantastic first NZ meetup and to all those who attended. Really nice crowd on the day.

Was great to see the smiles all around when people were listening to their favourite tracks on some awesome gear.

PS: I am the dude at the far end with the Burson HA-160D + WA7 Fireflies, LCD3 and LA7000 setup next to @HelmetGuy's epic vinyl setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back