New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 23, 2014 at 11:55 PM Post #331 of 367
Hi Guys, Im just back from the headphone meet. it was G-R-E-A-T!!!! I wish we will have this again in the near future and let more people enjoy it.
Unfortunately, I came a bit late, so didn't bring all my gears. But I do bring my camera, and here are some photos from the meet.  

May 24, 2014 at 12:59 AM Post #332 of 367
Great meet today guys, special thanks to Murray NZTF for organizing the event and for the opportunity to listen to that sick HE-6 setup
biggrin.gif
 Not to mention the opportunity to listen to that dream setup of Billy's (Alo Studio Six & Bryston BDA-2), really does bring HD800, T1, and LCD-3 to a whole new level 
blink.gif

May 24, 2014 at 1:43 AM Post #333 of 367
Hi everyone,

Just wanted to thank you all for coming along and supporting the meet, my biased assessment is that the day was a great success. We had 70 something people through on the day, which far outstripped my expectations for the inaugural meet. My costs are covered and the rest goes a fair way to covering the cost of the booking for next year too. This will be an annual event from here on out, and I will be booking the same venue for a Saturday around this time of year (perhaps a touch earlier if I can) in the next week or two. I will be a bit better organised next year with some learnings from this year and more prep time.

Can't wait to see who wins the HE-500 that Billy is putting up...

I have a whole lot of photos too, which I will put up on Monday probably (I work tomorrow, so unfortunately not enough time to run all the RAW captures through Lightroom.

Rest assured I will have an even better speaker amp set up next year for the 6!

Oh, and if anyone is about I will probably shoot through to The Bramble in Onehunga (Aucklands best cocktail bar, if you're not familiar) in a half hour or so. I feel like basking in self-congratulatory reflection over a drink or two.

May 24, 2014 at 2:14 AM Post #334 of 367
I don't think you are biased mate, it was a great success IMO. Not to mention that the event is unprecedented, the number of people going through that door is pretty spectacular!

May 24, 2014 at 4:33 AM Post #335 of 367
The meet looked great! (based off my friend's photos). No regrets on spending the $10 though, as you gotta support the cause in some way!

Also who had the sexy HP50s?

May 24, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #336 of 367
That was Motu, I had a listen and came away well impressed with them.

May 24, 2014 at 4:53 AM Post #338 of 367
Hi Guys,

Great day today & nice to meet some new people.

Big thanks to Murray & Billy for organising and although I was slightly (i mean a lot) by my humble gear it was a great opportunity to try some different cans and low & behold I had a massive smile whilst listening to the LCD-X :)

I left just before 1pm and was keen to hear the owner of the LCD-X's impression when he was listening to them with the Woo Audio Fireflies amp.

Cheers
Jason (The poor guy up the top with the Beresford DAC & Superlux cans)

May 24, 2014 at 5:23 AM Post #339 of 367
Hi everyone.

Had an amazing, mind-blowing time today - I came as someone who knew nothing, left as someone who still knows nothing except..   wow I want some LCDs now!!!!

I would post piccies except...  I apparently don't have access to that function yet.  Sad panda.   

I did post some on my Smugmug...   http://cjnielsen.smugmug.com/Events/Head-Fi-Auckland-2014-Meet/

Thanks to the organisers, it was very well organised indeed

Cheers

Chris (from the Tron)

May 24, 2014 at 5:48 AM Post #340 of 367
Loving the pics guys, probably be Monday before I get a chance to process mine.

May 24, 2014 at 5:53 AM Post #341 of 367
The meet was dangerous though, it brings up sudden necessities you don't know you need 
tongue.gif
 Does not really help on preserving one's wallet..

Just like the famous Head-Fi saying I guess, "Welcome to Head-Fi, and sorry for your wallet".

May 24, 2014 at 5:59 AM Post #342 of 367
Thanks for arranging the meetup. I've never been into headphones a great deal but certainly was a lot to look at there. Will be keen to head to computer lounge to try some out once I am over this lingering sinus thing that is messing with my hearing.

May 24, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #343 of 367
Thanks Murray for organising an awesome inaugural event - cant wait for the next one. And thanks to Billy and others who bought along all the wonderful gear.
Great to get some useful technical tips and the like - I am still learning about all this stuff. A really great vibe on the day, and definitely a great success IMO.

May 24, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #344 of 367
Hey all, lanky dude with the turntable here.

It was truly awesome to meet you all and chat about all things headphones.

Very impressed with the turnout! I remember looking over my shoulder at some stage and being staggered at the amount of people in the room.

Again massive thanks to NZTF for organising the event, and big props to Ian and wife for driving all the way from Hawkes Bay with their Metrum gear (unfortunately I only got to listen to the Octave II briefly during pack down).

I will attempt to write up wider impressions on the meet, and the select amount of gear I did get a chance to listen to (at some point). There wasn't a lot - I spent most of the time talking to people and playing old-school DJ with my turntable!

May 24, 2014 at 8:57 AM Post #345 of 367
Great day today chaps! I was very impressed by the number of top-tier goodies available to inspect! simply awesome. Thanks loads to all you people who brought along your rad kit for us to try

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back