New Zealand meet, May 24th in Auckland
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2014 at 6:33 AM Post #181 of 367
Don't be sorry, what good is money if it can't buy you things that make you happy? 
atsmile.gif

Excellent perspective my good sir, excellent!

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:35 AM Post #182 of 367
Mt. Eden? Do you by any chance go to the same university as I am? (AIS St. Helens) 
tongue_smile.gif

Mar 29, 2014 at 6:52 AM Post #183 of 367
  Mt. Eden? Do you by any chance go to the same university as I am? (AIS St. Helens) 
tongue_smile.gif

Hah, afraid not sorry buddy.. Although it really does seem like a small world sometimes in Auckland doesn't it.. 

So uhhhh, what's the beer situation at this thing..? Should I pick up a couple doz Liberty Halo Pils to bring along? 
biggrin.gif

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:22 PM Post #185 of 367
What a disappointment!!!!
I am leaving for Germany on the 16th of May and can't cancel my booking.

Hi Dietmar

Finally able to join the forum and PM you at last. When you mentioned this last year had no idea what you meant ! Disappointed you will miss the meet as was hoping to catch up with you there after the various conversations we had on that advertising site – which auctions almost everything as a side line. Hopefully if this meet goes well it might become an annual event and a trek from Hawke’s Bay will catch you next time.

Cheers Ian

Apr 4, 2014 at 4:17 PM Post #186 of 367
Hi Dietmar

Finally able to join the forum and PM you at last. When you mentioned this last year had no idea what you meant ! Disappointed you will miss the meet as was hoping to catch up with you there after the various conversations we had on that advertising site – which auctions almost everything as a side line. Hopefully if this meet goes well it might become an annual event and a trek from Hawke’s Bay will catch you next time.

Cheers Ian

Hi Ian,
have sent you a pm.

Dietmar

Apr 5, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #188 of 367

Was unsure about what to put up as first comments to everyone as a novice and “junior” member so will comment on BD T1’s and the old HD420’s previously mentioned. To my untrained ears they are not a million miles away – had thought they might be laughed out of town given age and $40 cost (new).

So I will be bringing them to the meet out of interest for more experienced ears to judge – not as high end contenders but maybe still OK phones. The T1’s are more refined with better detail and bigger/clearer sound but then they are bigger phones with full ear enclosure which will account for some of that.

After a week or so headphone listening the other comment I can make is that on transparency and detail the T1’s are as good as my main hi fi chain’s output and on very fine/very low level detail slightly better. Not news to anyone here I expect.

One system now organised for pack up next month.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:34 PM Post #189 of 367
Working on getting a Sennheiser Orpheus for the show... will advise if possible~

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:35 PM Post #190 of 367
  Working on getting a Sennheiser Orpheus for the show... will advise if possible~

Um, wow. Just wow. I sure hope this pans out.

Also, tickets for sale starting tonight or tomorrow.

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:47 PM Post #192 of 367
  wow~! that will be the king of the show. 

Meh, it'll be the star attraction for sure, but as for being king? I doubt I'll like it more than my HE-6 :)

Apr 9, 2014 at 12:34 AM Post #194 of 367

Looking forward to it, I hope you would be able to manage that
biggrin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back