New Zealand Headphone Meet MK II, 2015 Ed.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 9, 2016 at 2:32 PM Post #511 of 529
Bought the HD800S - something has to go to keep Tania happy :)

Nov 9, 2016 at 8:00 PM Post #512 of 529
Bought the HD800S - something has to go to keep Tania happy
smily_headphones1.gif

Nice! Congrats for the purchase, Paul! Amazing how the HD600 stands strong in your arsenal 
L3000.gif

Dec 25, 2016 at 5:23 AM Post #513 of 529
Anyone planning a meet anytine soon?

Dec 25, 2016 at 2:21 PM Post #514 of 529
I won't. The one I organised half way through the year was a waste of time and effort. :xf_eek:

Dec 28, 2016 at 3:07 AM Post #515 of 529
Im sorry to hear that!

Jan 12, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #516 of 529
Hello all,

Happy 2017.

I am contemplating selling my Final Audio Pandora Hope VI - a very unique closed headphone, check out the following links to know more:

https://www.cnet.com/news/a-high-end-headphone-from-japan-wows-the-audiophiliac/
http://www.digitalaudioreview.net/2014/12/final-audio-design-pandora-hope-vi-headphones-review/

I preferred the sound quality of these considerably when compared directly with the Audeze closed EL8 or Beyerdynamic T5p. 

Looking at $700, have the original hexagonal box and additional Final Audio carry case. Not really wanting to part with, but needing to streamline my audio gear ...

Happy to audition (I am in Auckland) - let me know if your interested or want to know more.

Regards, Motu

Jan 18, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #517 of 529
Someone should probably make a NZ buy/sell forum. I am far too lazy at this this instant, though.

For sale: my beloved AKG K812. Austrian made, good condition. Bought new approx 18 months ago. Have receipt and original box. Stock cable. I would take $1000.

Also, if anyone has a desktop amp they are looking to get rid of, let me know!

I am living in Whangarei, but come to Auckland freqeuntly .

Jan 27, 2017 at 3:27 AM Post #518 of 529
Something to perhaps interest our North Island audiophiles.....

http://www.head-fi.org/t/833536/new-zealand-auckland-northland-dac-amp-abx-testers-wanted

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #520 of 529
Looks like there are a couple of you interested in a meet... So.. I've been thinking about hosting one at Computer Lounge one evening if we can get enough interest?

For those of you who haven't visited our store, we've got a decent selection of audio gear on display and could easily clear quite a bit of space for everyone to bring their gear.
I'll be able to reach out to my connections in the industry (AKG, Sennheiser, Shure etc.), and get their local reps to come along, maybe if I pull some strings I could get an HE1 Orpheus in for a few hours :wink:

Let me know if you're interested and I can start the planning process!

// Alex

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:02 PM Post #521 of 529
Looks like there are a couple of you interested in a meet... So.. I've been thinking about hosting one at Computer Lounge one evening if we can get enough interest?

For those of you who haven't visited our store, we've got a decent selection of audio gear on display and could easily clear quite a bit of space for everyone to bring their gear.
I'll be able to reach out to my connections in the industry (AKG, Sennheiser, Shure etc.), and get their local reps to come along, maybe if I pull some strings I could get an HE1 Orpheus in for a few hours :wink:

// Alex

I'd be interested but I'm only in Auckland occasionally for work. Maybe I will get lucky with the timing. Do you have HD650's to try out, Alex?

Apr 29, 2017 at 12:52 AM Post #522 of 529
Edgard, if you know your schedule for the next couple of months, specifically when you'll be in Auckland, let me know. I'll pick a date that allows as many people as possible to attend.

We certainly do, we have HD 569, HD 599, HD 600, HD 650, HD 800, and HD 800 S' all available for demo.
We've only got a small selection of (admittedly quite good) amps, but there is certainly enough there to get a meet started :)

// Alex

May 5, 2017 at 8:33 AM Post #523 of 529

// Alex

I'd be interested, Alex. I've modded my HE-500 with a cable and recently bought ZMF lambskin pads, so I can contribute something new :)

May 6, 2017 at 5:25 PM Post #524 of 529
Sounds good ledistin, hopefully there is a bit more interest, so that I can set a date. Sennheiser have already confirmed that they are keen to contribute in some way :o2smile:

I saw Z Reviews put ZMF Lambskin pads on the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7s in one of his videos, and ever since then I've considering buying the MSR7 for portable use. If you don't mind, could we test fit your pads on the MSR7s at the meet?

// Alex

May 6, 2017 at 8:18 PM Post #525 of 529
Sounds good ledistin, hopefully there is a bit more interest, so that I can set a date. Sennheiser have already confirmed that they are keen to contribute in some way :o2smile:

I saw Z Reviews put ZMF Lambskin pads on the Audio Technica ATH-MSR7s in one of his videos, and ever since then I've considering buying the MSR7 for portable use. If you don't mind, could we test fit your pads on the MSR7s at the meet?

// Alex

Sure, we can try those pads on Audio Technica, Alex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back