(New York) or (Chicago) Style Pizza,,,???
Feb 20, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #47 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Coltrane /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Being from the MidWest, Chicago is definitely the way to go. I cant find a pizza in the philly area more than a millimeter or so thick. Its ridiculous.

Go to Joe's on 16th Street and order a couple of slices of Sicilian style.

For those of you who think that NY-style pizza is thin, go to the Tuscany region in Italy! Now that is thin pizza. But incredible!

As for me, I like it all.

Finally, since Ken missed a golden opportunity to use his catch phrase, I'll say it: GOOD STUFF!

Feb 20, 2008 at 8:51 PM Post #49 of 77
thick, i love the softness, pepperoni

there was a program on english tv the other day that said there was 800+kcal in 3 slices of deep pizza! think of those pizza hut all you can eats!

Feb 20, 2008 at 8:58 PM Post #50 of 77
I watch an entire show about this.

They came away with, people from Chicago mostly like Chicago style and people form New York like New York style- big surprise, right?

And people from California- a place furthest away form both cities- were a bit mixed but New York still won by a little.

btw- i like both- couldn't pick one over the other.

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:09 PM Post #51 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by xnothingpoetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
btw- i like both- couldn't pick one over the other.

Come on, Mike.. If there's a tie, at least represent where you hail from.
tongue.gif

But yeah, it figures that New Yorkers like New York style over any other and Chicagoans prefer Chicago style.

California Pizza Kitchen is pretty good, though.
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #52 of 77
New York by a slight margin. However, I'll eat any style and enjoy it.

The pizza here in Los Angeles is excellent, too. Go ahead, get your pitchforks and torches, but there's great pizza on the Left Coast, too.

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:39 PM Post #53 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoflatlines /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Um, if Chicago style pizza doesn't qualify as pizza, then New York style doesn't either. Neither would be considered pizza in Italy, but both are pizza in the US. That's just how it is.

I have to disagree. As for what passes as pizza in Italy, I've had pizza all over Italy; some is good, some is bad, but pizza is an Italian-American food more than it is an Italian food. And I maintain that the best you're going to find will be had in NY and northern Jersey.

As I wrote earlier, I am a serious pizza snob.
biggrin.gif
I'm sure you're not the only one who is disagreeing with me.

Feb 20, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #54 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSlacker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
THANKS! I love pizza and love going to Lambardi's. However, I knew there must be other great places... I will try to go to one of those this weekend. Do you know if Totonno's in Coney Island is still open? Should I go to that one or their other Brooklyn locations?

No problem.
biggrin.gif
As far as I know, Totonno's in Coney Island is still open, but it's been a little while since I've been there. As for location, yes- go there as opposed to the other locations in Yonkers and Manhattan (which, it must be said, are also still excellent). Totonno's used to close one day of the week (was it Monday?) when they'd get their coal shipment in and they'd remove the existing ashes. So if it's going to be a ride for you, check to make sure they will be open.

Incidentally, another great pizzeria I didn't mention in my previous posts is Angelo's on 57th street between 7th ave and Ave of the Americas. Same fresh ingredient, coal-oven-y goodness.

Feb 20, 2008 at 10:38 PM Post #55 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by DNA Doc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to disagree. As for what passes as pizza in Italy, I've had pizza all over Italy; some is good, some is bad, but pizza is an Italian-American food more than it is an Italian food. And I maintain that the best you're going to find will be had in NY and northern Jersey.

As I wrote earlier, I am a serious pizza snob.
biggrin.gif
I'm sure you're not the only one who is disagreeing with me.

I was just saying that if you are arguing that Chicago style pizza is not really pizza, you can't really argue that New York style is pizza either. What makes a pizza a pizza?

Pizza.
smily_headphones1.gif

Pizza.

It looks weird now.

Feb 21, 2008 at 2:07 AM Post #56 of 77
Deep Dish all the way but there are only two places where it's any good: the Original Uno's or Due's in Downtown Chicago or The Silo in the north suburbs. If I'm not at one of these two places, I order thin crust!

Feb 21, 2008 at 2:12 AM Post #57 of 77
Deep dish is tha ****z.

Feb 21, 2008 at 3:24 AM Post #58 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by leftnose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Deep Dish all the way but there are only two places where it's any good: the Original Uno's or Due's in Downtown Chicago or The Silo in the north suburbs. If I'm not at one of these two places, I order thin crust!

Where/what suburb is this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back