(New York) or (Chicago) Style Pizza,,,???
Feb 18, 2008 at 10:34 PM Post #19 of 77
New York. Nothing like a local mom and pop New York style pizza joint.

Feb 18, 2008 at 10:41 PM Post #20 of 77
New York-style for sure. The sheer amount of flavor in a good slice of New York-style pizza is what sets it apart from Chicago's Deep-Dish style, IMO.

Feb 19, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #21 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dorito123 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
We go to UNO's once an awhile for some deep stuff, but I dont know of any place around the wash DC area to get a real Chi town pizza.

Armand's did a decent job the one time I went there.

Welcome to Armand's Pizza...

Being from the MidWest, Chicago is definitely the way to go. I cant find a pizza in the philly area more than a millimeter or so thick. Its ridiculous.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:05 AM Post #22 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by OverlordXenu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pizza from the Bronx is the only way to get real pizza.

Only in Throgs Neck and Arthur Ave.

Brooklyn's pizzerias, especially on toirdy toird and toird, is the best pizza in the world.

Then there's "Ray's", "The Original Ray's", and "Not That Ray's, but this Ray's Pizza" (all based on an ongoing feud between 2 brothers after splitting up their father's business and went their separate ways, trying to keep the legendary name).
biggrin.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:46 AM Post #23 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by stuge(original) /img/forum/go_quote.gif
what is the difference or variations b/w the two pizzas ?

Chicago is very well known for its deep dish pizza ie a very deep crust that can have up to an inch or more thick layer of toppings, sauce and cheese on the crust. New York has a very famous style that involves a crust base that is extremely thin but the pie is very wide.

Personally, I go for Chicago Deep Dish. I get a lot more satisfaction from seeing a single slice equivalent to a whole meal on my plate than the thinner New York. But then again, I'm not too picky, and as long as the pizza is good, I'm happy.

Feb 19, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #25 of 77
Good pizza is good pizza. Great pizza is, um, great pizza. If I must choose (being a life-long Chicagoan until two years ago), I must ask, "Which of these two pizza-pies in front of me is better? Assuming there are two pizza-pies in front of me, of course. I would then eat both pies and pronounce judgment.

But I believe the OP wishes to determine which geographic pizza type approaches attribute of the "ideal pizza-pie." The Absolute Pie, so to speak, is perfect. It is perfect if it is served piping-hot or cold for the next-mornings breakfast.

Can any temporal pizza-pie approach Pizza Perfection? Is there an asymptotic limit?

Perhaps there is a bit of the Absolute Pie in every pizza--that every pizza is conceptually a part of the same pie. Perhaps we should be grateful for the pizza served to us--the New York Thin Slice, rolled-up and eaten standing up; or the Chicago Deep-Dish, eaten with a knife and fork.

Therefore I say to all of you, no matter which pizza we eat, enjoy, and savior, I will always fight you tooth-and-nail for the last piece, buster!
cool.gif

Feb 19, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #26 of 77
Quote:

Originally Posted by XGJFilmsX /img/forum/go_quote.gif
this is a pizza pole so why is chicago here, they dont make pizzas?
They make towers of toppings.
pretty sure the original pizzas had no sauce and were on flat bread.

There are more Poles in Chicago than anywhere else in the world, outside of Poland.
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back