New York mini meet : hifiman he1000 headphones/ ef1000 amplifiers Jan 17 and 18 after 2pm
Jan 16, 2015 at 4:45 AM Post #31 of 58
  The first (and last) time I set foot in NYC, someone stole my DX90 right out of my backpack while I was wearing it—within four hours of me leaving the airport.  I wouldn't go back to NYC if HiFiMan were giving out free, personally engraved cans and the air fare was free.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience in NYC, Dinnenjous.  Unfortunately like many big urban centers, you run a risk of things like this happening, especially if you're an unwary tourist.  It's kind of the NY welcome I hate to hear about from new visitors.  There are too many great things happening in Manhattan for you to be able to miss out b/c of one bad experience. 

If there is ever an audio-related show happening in NYC, I would be happy to act as a guide for you.  The annual NY Audio Show that is held ever September is now held in Brooklyn instead of Manhattan, so technically that's not in the city proper, although I bet visiting Brooklyn would probably feel quite similar to visiting Manhattan to you. 

Jan 16, 2015 at 10:06 AM Post #32 of 58
I will try to make it on Saturday, unique opportunity to listen to such a prototype headphone.
Looks like the NYC weekend weather choice is either blistering cold or rain, so I go for cold on Sat.

Jan 16, 2015 at 2:51 PM Post #37 of 58
Can't be there...I am in Europe now :frowning2:((    will read carefully your listening reports....  

Any picture on the INSIDE of the EF1000 Amp ? 

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:20 PM Post #38 of 58
  The first (and last) time I set foot in NYC, someone stole my DX90 right out of my backpack while I was wearing it—within four hours of me leaving the airport.  I wouldn't go back to NYC if HiFiMan were giving out free, personally engraved cans and the air fare was free.

Why not???
confused.gif
 If anything, the free, personally engraved cans, and free air fare would surely make up for your bad experience. 

You could get robbed in Wichita, Kansas also, if you are in the wrong place at the wrong time, and don't have your proximity sensors' batteries fully charged and engaged.

Damn dude, did you go straight down to the Bronx or the Canal Street or something? Sorry to hear that =( Never had any issues last 10 years of visiting.

What's wrong with the Bronx or Canal Street?

Great music, restaurants, and hot women.

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #39 of 58
Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif

What's wrong with the Bronx or Canal Street?

Great music, restaurants, and hot women.

A) Nothing.  Sarcastic comment.  I love all  of NY to bits (though I would not mind sending in the Inquisition into Willimsburg and New Brunswick...if you know what I mean).  So much energy, culture and diversity.  Best Jewish delis this side of the world.  That said, some areas require a little more precaution that others, especially if you don't look like a local (though that probably applies to anywhere and everywhere...crap happens).

B) Can you make some recommendations for all three?! 
biggrin.gif
Trying to take best advantage of being out the East Coast for work...I have been coming up there almost every other weekend!

Jan 16, 2015 at 9:51 PM Post #40 of 58
  If I go, am I going to come back completely dissatisfied with my current setup?

I vote this to be the best question on HF this month.  
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

Jan 17, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #43 of 58

A) Nothing.  Sarcastic comment.  I love all  of NY to bits (though I would not mind sending in the Inquisition into Willimsburg and New Brunswick...if you know what I mean).  So much energy, culture and diversity.  Best Jewish delis this side of the world.  That said, some areas require a little more precaution that others, especially if you don't look like a local (though that probably applies to anywhere and everywhere...crap happens).

B) Can you make some recommendations for all three?! 
biggrin.gif
Trying to take best advantage of being out the East Coast for work...I have been coming up there almost every other weekend!

Yeah they pray on tourist out there too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back