New Xin Reference Amp by Dr. Xin !!!
Jun 28, 2007 at 12:04 AM Post #496 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This makes one real nice sounding package.

I thought the iMod sounded amazing out of the box. Well I learn that other things can be amazing out of its box as well. I have about 2 hours on it now.

Got it today....the Xin Reference...WOW

Glad you are enjoying it. Do you know what size the main cap is? Also did Dr. Xin keep the 1,000 cap or not. Thanks.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #497 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does that mean they are shipping?

I don't know in general but mine did and the bass is to die for.....OH, my...

With it sounding this good out of the box I don't think I am going to fast burn this puppy. I think I will just sit back and relax into it like an easy chair....

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:06 AM Post #498 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Glad you are enjoying it. Do you know what size the main cap is? Also did Dr. Xin keep the 1,000 cap or not. Thanks.

I have not opened it up to check and I am one adverse to doing this sort of thing to my equipment. So no I don't know.

But I am not adverse to sending Dr. Xin a quick email and he has already responded concerning this question.

1 - 22000 cap.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:16 AM Post #499 of 559
I just turned it off and it took 10-12 seconds for the light to go off and it took over 20 seconds for the sound to run to distortion. Big cap at 22000 mF.

Jun 28, 2007 at 12:44 AM Post #500 of 559
lol, chill down. your getting me excited.
evil_smiley.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 2:07 PM Post #502 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by clc220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just an update :

the silver knob is soooooooooooooo sexy.

That's a design that he put together in about one hour based on my suggestion and Photoshop montage. (Then he added it to the choices which pleased me very much.) So I wouldn't read too much into the silver knob; it's way too big for the Reference with a 1/4" jack. Just what he had on hand is my guess.

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:37 PM Post #503 of 559
Quote:

I don't know in general but mine did and the bass is to die for.....OH, my...

With it sounding this good out of the box I don't think I am going to fast burn this puppy. I think I will just sit back and relax into it like an easy chair....

I just got mine today as well (the one on his web site with all 4 in and outputs and the black knob) and I have just litarally played it for 10 minutes. WOW, oh it is the best amp he has made till now. 2 days later he send me another amp as he thought it might be tweak a bit more to my tube liking. Have not got that one yet. I will be burning them both in for the next 2 weeks and then taking them with me on 3 weeks holliday for a full evaluation.

Jun 28, 2007 at 7:40 PM Post #504 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by cooperpwc /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That's a design that he put together in about one hour based on my suggestion and Photoshop montage. (Then he added it to the choices which pleased me very much.) So I wouldn't read too much into the silver knob; it's way too big for the Reference with a 1/4" jack. Just what he had on hand is my guess.

That particular amp is on its way to me for comparison
340smile.gif
340smile.gif

Jun 28, 2007 at 8:26 PM Post #505 of 559
Has anyone see this bit about burn-in theory:

Vinnie of iMod fame says here:

http://www.audiocircle.com/circles/i...9707#msg369707

"The burn-in process time really depends on the load. For example, if the input impedance of your amp is 100k, you'll get 10x the current flow if it was instead 10k. At 10x the current flow, you can expect a much faster burn-in."

and here:

http://www.redwineaudio.com/iMod.html

says:

"The Black Gate NX-Hi-Q signal coupling caps that we use for the iMods are notorious for taking 200+ hours of burn-in time to sound their best. To properly burn-in your iMod, you need to have it connected to a load (e.g. your headphone amp or home audio preamp/integrated amp). The load does not need to be turned ON, but to allow for electrical current to flow through the modded audio line output, the iMod MUST be connected AND playing music. For burn-in, we recommend connecting the external power cable (so the internal battery does not discharge) and playing an album (or playlist) on repeat mode."

So if I consider this as accurate and apply it to the Reference then I can burn-in my Reference 6x faster with a 240 ohm headphone connected compared with a headphone with 40 ohm impedance.

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:00 PM Post #506 of 559
Quote:

So if I consider this as accurate and apply it to the Reference then I can burn-in my Reference 6x faster with a 240 ohm headphone connected compared with a headphone with 40 ohm impedance.

In that case it should be really great using the AKG K240DF that I have just sold as they are 600 ohm. My K340's will have to do.

Jun 28, 2007 at 9:07 PM Post #507 of 559
P1010002.png
P1010013.png

P1010012.png

Top to bottom:
iBasso T2
Xin Reference
Headamp AE-1

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:11 PM Post #508 of 559
Does 1/4'' make sound better? My Reference has only 1/8 output, so I'm considering to send it back to Dr. to have 1/4" output.

Jun 28, 2007 at 10:26 PM Post #509 of 559
Quote:

Originally Posted by toopeach /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does 1/4'' make sound better? My Reference has only 1/8 output, so I'm considering to send it back to Dr. to have 1/4" output.

The main thing with the quarter is structural stability and not having to use an adapter when I use my Ultrasone Edition 9. The connection may be better than an eight in the long run, I don't know. I know that volume knob is tucked in there very tight with my quarter inserted.

This amp is scary good. It has no right being this good.

I think I am going to enjoy having both the eight and the quarter depending on which headphone I want to use. This amp is as good as many desktop amps.

I put those last pictures up to demonstrate just how small this unit is. When I opened it and I thought this is the size of the Go-Vibe, WOW. Then I plugged it in....Oh, my. The iMod and Reference is about 1.5 inches thick together and the iMod is in its Treadz case (iFrogz) fully protected.

Jun 28, 2007 at 11:06 PM Post #510 of 559
Quote:

This amp is scary good. It has no right being this good.

Nananananananananananan.....Oh just stop it already. I've had my order out for almost six months and still nothing. How do you guys end up with them so quick?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back