New WESTONE W-SERIES
Oct 27, 2013 at 2:25 PM Post #31 of 1,383
The um pro 30s plastic is the same matriel as the old ums so I pretty sure the w series should be at least the same quality or better material as the old w series. I think worse case scenario is both the new lines sound the same just with  minor cosmetic changes.

Oct 27, 2013 at 5:41 PM Post #32 of 1,383
  The w1, w2, w3, w4 UM1,2,3x are also made of plastic. No difference whatsoever.

Absolutely there's a difference.  "Plastic" is made up from resin pellets of a variety of different grades, densities, durability, etc. 

While there is not enough impact or bass to rattle the interchanging plastic loose, it is a totally lame concept reserved for Target and Walmart $20 earphones IMHO.

Oct 31, 2013 at 6:55 PM Post #37 of 1,383
"New and Improved" is used constantly in "new" products.  There is tons of latitude for the manufacturer .  Westone could probably change the EPIC cable from black to dark grey and make the nozzle 1mm longer, do nothing else and call it new and improved.

Buyer beware.  But yes...a little dissapointing for those of us that have been around the original models since inception.

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:42 PM Post #38 of 1,383
Its quite sad seeing westone like this...hopefully it changes the next time the release a new series, although thats not gonna happen in awhile, seeing how long it took them to refresh their previous lines

Oct 31, 2013 at 9:55 PM Post #39 of 1,383
There isn't much hype about these, so that's a good sign at least. Maybe Westone will refrain from this kind of thing in the future. Can't believe they tricked me into buying a UM1 for $150.

Dec 14, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #43 of 1,383
It seems that new W line is already out, there are over fourty rates of W40 on westone website but I can't find any review or even short opinion about it in the web. Has someone heard it and can type few words about its sound? I'm waiting for my delivery to Europe... so big apetite and hope that there are some tiny improvements as in um30 and es50 (reviews of which are already on the web).

Dec 14, 2013 at 6:40 PM Post #44 of 1,383
This leads me to believe there will be NO MORE Westone offerings for a long time EXCEPT possibly a real high end $1000 universal to compete with SE846.  But it would seem straight up....some might still prefer the W4 for more balance and better treble extension.

Dec 15, 2013 at 4:52 AM Post #45 of 1,383
Don't think Westone will come up with another high end IEM to compete anytime soon. Probably next year. Was waiting for Westone to have another breakthrough as well. Really like the Westone house sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back