New WESTONE W-SERIES
Jan 7, 2020 at 9:02 PM Post #1,292 of 1,383
Own a pair myself, after moving from a pair of Shure 425's - Love these things. Good luck with the sell.

Jan 7, 2020 at 10:15 PM Post #1,293 of 1,383
Jan 7, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #1,294 of 1,383
It's like selling a "classic" since W30 is discontinued :D Btw, noticed you are selling it with Penon CS819 cable, how was the pair up, compared to Epic? Wonder if it's similar to Ref8.

Haha yes. Collectors edition!

I couldnt compare Penon cable with the epic cable because it was missing when i purchased it used. But it sounded rather balanced with it. Didnt seem to add much warmth or brightness. But I mostly go to my Westone 4R. Its a bit smoother and the housing is smaller, which makes it more comfortable in my ear after long sessions.

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #1,296 of 1,383
Really digging the Spinfits.
Spinfit CP800 turn B50 from way too dark and bassy iems into really fun ones. Still not balanced or neutral, but i dig the sound a lot.
I actually prefer them both to UM Pro 50 and W60 now.

B50.JPG

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #1,297 of 1,383
Spinfit CP800 turn B50 from way too dark and bassy iems into really fun ones. Still not balanced or neutral, but i dig the sound a lot.
I actually prefer them both to UM Pro 50 and W60 now.

B50.JPG

CP800 is the one to fit Westone nozzle? Is that a snug fit?

Spinfit should be at CanJam NYC this weekend. Will have to check out with W80.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:14 PM Post #1,303 of 1,383
Was commuting to work a few days ago, all of a sudden the sound went real quiet & flat, lost all quality, turns out the epic cable died. Have changed over to the smart phone controls cable, while I wait for a replacement epic cable under warranty.

Am currently using Comply isolation tips & enjoy the sound. Any other suggestions for tips? I've developed a liking for foam tips, but am happy to experiment.

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:51 PM Post #1,304 of 1,383
Was commuting to work a few days ago, all of a sudden the sound went real quiet & flat, lost all quality, turns out the epic cable died. Have changed over to the smart phone controls cable, while I wait for a replacement epic cable under warranty.

Am currently using Comply isolation tips & enjoy the sound. Any other suggestions for tips? I've developed a liking for foam tips, but am happy to experiment.
Shure Olives?

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 5:37 PM Post #1,305 of 1,383

Shure Olives?

^ this.

I've got a small pair still around since I got them in 2012 with an se215. Sold the se215 but still use the tips on my westones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back