New WESTONE W-SERIES
Apr 21, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #886 of 1,383
How long have you had them?  The natural curve around your ear should create some "memory" with the cable after time and they should be fine after a week or so.....I would think?

Apr 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #887 of 1,383
  How long have you had them?  The natural curve around your ear should create some "memory" with the cable after time and they should be fine after a week or so.....I would think?

You are right, after a few weeks the cable will get the shape and it actually works really well. I had the same thoughts at the beginning with that cable but now I don´t miss the braided cable and the ear hooks at all... unless you use them to run!

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #889 of 1,383

That seems to make sense, but I literally couldn't get them to stay for more than 10 seconds.  Maybe I just have weird ears or something.  I ended up using the small velcro strap that came with the headphones combined with a small orthodontics rubber band and it works perfectly.  After putting on the headphones, I just slide the strap up slightly under my chin and it's held securely in place.  Perhaps now the "memory" will start to hold.  

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #892 of 1,383
Its a damn shame.  Westone has, what,  almost 20 IEM's and they discontinue the ONE that people REALLY want (as opposed to hot garbage like W50).  Go figure.

COLOSSAL   EPIC   FAILURE ! ! !

Apr 26, 2015 at 8:47 PM Post #893 of 1,383
Calm down. lol
atsmile.gif

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #894 of 1,383
  I don't use my iPhone anymore but I did use it with the W40s for some time. I usually kept the volume one click below halfway, sometimes 2 or 3 below. I never went to halfway, this seemed to be too loud and harmful for my ears.

When I was younger I worked as a live sound engineer in music venues and unfortunately did not use hearing protection most of the time so I may have a bit of hearing loss.

Wow!

Just got my W40s in the mail and i listen via my iPhone 6+.
I have no idea how anyone could listen almost halfway ! :)

For example with pop music, I'm listening at 2 clicks out of 16 on the volume dial.
At home it's perfectly listenable moving the finger close to 0 (less than 1 click).
I am listening too quiet ?!?!!?

I have no way to measure what SPL i am getting, it's very frustrating.
With floorstanders it's so easy to calibrate them to 70db SPL.

Apr 28, 2015 at 4:41 AM Post #895 of 1,383

Wow!

Just got my W40s in the mail and i listen via my iPhone 6+.
I have no idea how anyone could listen almost halfway ! :)

For example with pop music, I'm listening at 2 clicks out of 16 on the volume dial.
At home it's perfectly listenable moving the finger close to 0 (less than 1 click).
I am listening too quiet ?!?!!?

I have no way to measure what SPL i am getting, it's very frustrating.
With floorstanders it's so easy to calibrate them to 70db SPL.

Just put on one earpiece and match the volume to your speakers, that would be close enough.

Apr 28, 2015 at 2:01 PM Post #896 of 1,383
;

Apr 28, 2015 at 6:55 PM Post #899 of 1,383
Its a damn shame.  Westone has, what,  almost 20 IEM's and they discontinue the ONE that people REALLY want (as opposed to hot garbage like W50).  Go figure.

COLOSSAL   EPIC   FAILURE ! ! !

What was discontinued? :xf_eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back