New Westone Product?
Oct 21, 2011 at 11:34 PM Post #33 of 99

Quote:
As cheap as it is, the "throw-in" amp is the greatest thing any IEM maker ever did.  For a $25 premium you get an amp that improves the sound to the point where people are paying 5-8 times that amount in an IEM upgrade.  Hell yea, I'll take the amp.

I am listening to that throw-in amp right now next to my recently acquired HeadRoom Total Bithead. Not to say the throw in amp will beat Bithead 'totally', but it is certainly giving me a hard time to justify BitHead's price tag by the amp section alone.

Back on topic: by the orange color from the Westone ads, I am more incline to think it is an UM series.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:55 PM Post #34 of 99

Quote:

I am listening to that throw-in amp right now next to my recently acquired HeadRoom Total Bithead. Not to say the throw in amp will beat Bithead 'totally', but it is certainly giving me a hard time to justify BitHead's price tag by the amp section alone.

Back on topic: by the orange color from the Westone ads, I am more incline to think it is an UM series.

Even with the true-fit series 3.5mm jack design?

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:05 AM Post #35 of 99

Quote:
Even with the true-fit series 3.5mm jack design? 

Who knows? I am hoping for a new UM series anyway :)

That being said, I do believe Westone has began to show sign of over-expanding their production line.

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #36 of 99
Maybe it's a dynamic-armature hybrid design similar to the UM Merlins
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 12:32 AM Post #40 of 99
^ That's what i heard too. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:21 AM Post #41 of 99
What is this throw-in amp you guys are talking about?

Edit: Nvm, found the E6.

Oct 22, 2011 at 2:38 AM Post #42 of 99
I would've guessed the Talk Series if I knew nothing about anything: http://www.westonemusicproducts.com/music-products/pro-audio/custom-fit-pro-audio-1

However, the image points to W4R...  I'd be willing to bet it's that, unless Westone wants to be pulling on our chains with their W4R-TeaserSlider.jpg

Oct 22, 2011 at 3:57 AM Post #43 of 99
No doubt about it in my mind ... W4R ... not the most exciting news for me personally but I can see why they've done it.

A lot of people complained that the W4 didn't have a replaceable cable so they've reacted to their customer's demands.

Oct 22, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #44 of 99
I wish Westone made a mic cable. I like their cables and having a mic with those would be nice. They have an  IEM with a mic, so why not, they already have the design. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back