New Westone Product?
Oct 21, 2011 at 9:31 PM Post #18 of 99
I'm having doubts about a W4RC since the W3s didn't come with a removable cable anyways. 

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:20 PM Post #19 of 99
I would think an unveiling like this would be something more than just the W4 with a removable cable. Here's to hoping for something even bigger...

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:22 PM Post #20 of 99
This is kind of an off topic question but does anyone think they'll attempt a 5+ BA universal? At that cost so many other things could be bought though.... :rolleyes: and I put my money towards a replaceable cable. When shelling out that much for IEMs, it'd be nice to know you can replace the cable at home.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #21 of 99
I would definitely guess a W4 with removable cables.  Prior to purchasing the UM3X I had a lengthy conversation with a Westone employee and although she could not answer my question about the possibility of a W3 or W4 RC, she kind of eluded that it was a possibility.

Oct 21, 2011 at 10:26 PM Post #22 of 99
I doubt it 5+ universal is more than a few years away.... at least my wallet hopes so 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
This is kind of an off topic question but does anyone think they'll attempt a 5+ BA universal? At that cost so many other things could be bought though....
rolleyes.gif
and I put my money towards a replaceable cable. When shelling out that much for IEMs, it'd be nice to know you can replace the cable at home.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #23 of 99
I would be so nervous with something like a 6 driver universal. Crush it or misplace it and your ears will have to endure something less than that level of audio. It'd be torture. :wink:

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #24 of 99
I too hope it's more than just a removable cable version of the W4. Not that an RC version would be a bad thing, just that if you're going to send a major promotional email it better be for something revolutionary and new, not an RC version of an existing product.

I'm looking for a good reason to spend money upgrade from my UM3X. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:14 PM Post #25 of 99

Quote:
maybe W4 amp'd? but thats not that big of an announcement i guess

Especially with that crappy "throw-in" amp... what a joke.  It is a good teaser and I hope we will not be underwhelmed.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:19 PM Post #27 of 99

Quote:
Westone 5 is what i heard
rolleyes.gif

If this is correct, is it possible that an UM5X may also be coming down the road?  That would be swell.

Oct 21, 2011 at 11:22 PM Post #28 of 99
As cheap as it is, the "throw-in" amp is the greatest thing any IEM maker ever did.  For a $25 premium you get an amp that improves the sound to the point where people are paying 5-8 times that amount in an IEM upgrade.  Hell yea, I'll take the amp.

Not to sound pessimistic, I just don't hear any improvement over W3 or UM3X and for whatever improvement Westone thinks they will market, I certainly won't pay $500+ for it.  It will never compete with a custom at the same cost.  As it is I will take my UM2 over the W4 any day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back