NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
May 28, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #3,961 of 4,971
That seems very interesting !
beerchug.gif

Jun 1, 2014 at 12:53 PM Post #3,963 of 4,971

I never thought I'd post a photo of a pile of my Schitt on the internet, but here's my tribute to an awesome little amp.

That's a Modi USB connected to my MBP, the Modi Optical to my Airport Express, both going into a SYS to select between the two. Feeding into the Vali, then to my head via K702 Annies.

Pretty awesome to be able to listen to music from either my iPhone (airplay) or my mbp. There are probably cheaper solutions, but hey, will do look this cute?

Nice stack 
biggrin.gif

Mine only has half of your height

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3,967 of 4,971
Hi all
Quick question how is the vali and HE-400,HE-500 together?

To my ears, the HE-400 is surprisingly good with the Vali. A nice match.

I think the HE-500 needs more power that what the Vali can provide to sound its best, though.

To my ears, the HE-500 sounds fantastic with the Asgard 2.

However, I think the HE-400 sound too prominent in the treble with the Asgard 2.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:09 PM Post #3,968 of 4,971
I already have the Magni and have been using it with the HE-400 for a few weeks now, almost 8 hours a day. They are a good match. I'll be getting the Vali shortly, so I will share what I think about the Vali paired the HE-400's if it's an even better match? Stay tuned.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:14 PM Post #3,969 of 4,971
  I already have the Magni and have been using it with the HE-400 for a few weeks now, almost 8 hours a day. They are a good match. I'll be getting the Vali shortly, so I will share what I think about the Vali paired the HE-400's if it's an even better match? Stay tuned.

I just compared a Vali and Magni using an A/B switch, matching the volume with an HE-500. They sounded the same.

Jun 5, 2014 at 10:43 PM Post #3,971 of 4,971
  Interesting. From all i've read the Vali is supposed to sound different somewhat and match better with the HE-400. 

Human beings are not very good at auditory memory, one has to do an immediate comparison under the right conditions and then our ears reveal interesting things. A simple A/B switch is cheap to put together and shouldn't cost a fortune to buy complete. Doing this should be eye opening, highly recommended, but you must carefully match the volume. If you mismatch the volume of both amps, one will sound better, which can explain why some people come to certain conclusions. Flipping the switch back and forth is an amazing experience.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #3,973 of 4,971
When I compared my Vali with my Asgard 2 using a switch, they also sounded the same.

I also compared my Magni with the Asgards 2 and they sounded the same. Well there goes the theory that the Magni is bright sounding. That A/B switch is worth its weight in gold. The morale of the story is that unless your driving an unusual headphone, like a power hungry HE-6, most amps do a great job. Yes of course there are some turkeys out there, but there are more great sounding amps than many of us realize or are willing to admit. If the amp can drive the load, chances are it's going to sound A OK. Yes, turkeys need not apply.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:13 PM Post #3,974 of 4,971
The thing that blew my mind, is that I thought the Vali was warm and all that stuff, then I compared them directly, and couldn't tell the difference. When you know you have experienced expectation bias, it changes the way you look at things.

Jun 5, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #3,975 of 4,971
The thing that blew my mind, is that I thought the Vali was warm and all that stuff, then I compared then directly, and couldn't tell the difference. When you know you have experienced expectation bias, it changes the way you look at things.

+1000 
regular_smile .gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back