NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Feb 7, 2014 at 11:02 AM Post #3,376 of 4,971

Most PC's have lousy amps, so there no mystery to that improvement. May laptop has a surprisingly good DAC and AMP but not still not up to decent external gear. I'm thinking of getting a Schiit Bifrost with the USB and Uber audio options, in the next week or two.
What guitar is that in your avatar?

It's my one true love: my Ibanez JEM 7vWH.

Feb 7, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #3,381 of 4,971
yes they're rubber feet, and u just peel them off. no cutting necessary.

Feb 8, 2014 at 12:43 AM Post #3,384 of 4,971
I use the Vali with the Bifrost. Indeed a great match. Realized I had not put my Uber and Gen 2 USB boards in. I'm sure it should sound even better after the upgrade.

Plug them in already! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 1:44 AM Post #3,385 of 4,971
So I've finally got a Vali.

Using them with my modded T50RP makes them sound good, but nothing that blows me. I use an Aune T1 as a DAC. I wonder if my drivers are blown or there's some problem with my T50RP(which isn't the case most likely) or most probably I'll have to adjust to the Vali. I expected a lot perhaps.

But even though it's the first hour, I'm listening a ton of things I couldn't notice earlier, or maybe I'm just paying too much attention now.

Obligatory, ringing mention, very rare ringing on a solid surface, thankfully. Damn is the Vali small.

edit: read the rubber feet posts above

Feb 8, 2014 at 8:47 AM Post #3,388 of 4,971
  Mate, how are you ? I'm trying believe me, but I made the huge "mistake" of buying the Stax 007 mk1 and the SR 717 amp and I just can't put down the HP.

Tell us the real truth, you're knee deep in Ras Malai and can't get away from the dinner table. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2014 at 10:04 AM Post #3,390 of 4,971
  Tell us the real truth, you're knee deep in Ras Malai and can't get away from the dinner table. 
biggrin.gif

Haha, ROFL ! Stan the Man, you've got to get past Ras Malai and vodka ! There's plenty more from where these comes from...all of which will keep you at the dinner table 
biggrin.gif

So you prefer a Vodka Lassi? One too many of that and you'll color the sound too much.
I have a feeling that I will find my way to an Indian restaurant this weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back