NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jan 18, 2014 at 10:52 AM Post #3,049 of 4,971
Despite all negative joking regarding the ringing, the ringing is VERY manageable and almost a non-issue in the current production amps (which come with pre-bent, pre-detensioned leads).

You are really missing out if you avoid the Vali on the basis of ringing.

The ringing is THAT manageable, and the sound quality of the amp is THAT good.

It sounds so good that I ended up buying 2 of them.

After tweaking my 1st amp by bending the leads (early production model), ringing isn't even something I think about anymore.

My second amp was already taken care of by the factory. I have no worries or neuroses about the ringing because it's a non-issue in practical use.

If you're being held back from trying the Vali for the ringing, I suggest that you push those worries aside. You owe it to yourself to have an amp that sounds this good.

Jan 18, 2014 at 12:56 PM Post #3,052 of 4,971
  Still curious as to how the HD 650 would perform with the Vali. Anyone know?

redface.gif

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #3,054 of 4,971
I tested it with HD800 and it sounded good but the music was somehow in rush! it was not relax and comfortable, causing listening fatigue in my case. in one word "not my cup of tea"

Those are VERY different headphones.

Jan 18, 2014 at 1:22 PM Post #3,055 of 4,971
  Still curious as to how the HD 650 would perform with the Vali. Anyone know?

It's a long thread, so I'm not surprised you couldn't find the comments on this pairing.

From what I recall, the bumped up bass and warm tone of the 650 was too much when paired with the Vali. Too much of a good thing when put together. That was the take away I got.

Apparently, the 600 is a better pairing. It's not as euphonic as the 650, so matches better with the Vali.

I haven't tried the 650 on the Vali myself, so anyone who has, please correct me if I'm wrong.

Jan 18, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #3,056 of 4,971

It's a long thread, so I'm not surprised you couldn't find the comments on this pairing.

From what I recall, the bumped up bass and warm tone of the 650 was too much when paired with the Vali. Too much of a good thing when put together. That was the take away I got.

Apparently, the 600 is a better pairing. It's not as euphonic as the 650, so matches better with the Vali.

I haven't tried the 650 on the Vali myself, so anyone who has, please correct me if I'm wrong.

This amp is truly neutral so I don't see how that will affect the sound of the HD650.

Jan 18, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #3,057 of 4,971
Mine came today, #870. I used it as I would any other headphone amp – not being extra careful about turning it on, adjusting volume, etc. – and no ringing to speak of. So far I love it. Using a pair of HD-580s.

Jan 18, 2014 at 4:38 PM Post #3,059 of 4,971
  This amp is truly neutral so I don't see how that will affect the sound of the HD650.

yes excellent match with 650 and 600

It works real good with my HD600's and better than expected with my HE-500's. Just be careful of sensitive IEM's or sensitive cans that will expose the background noise of the Vali. Not an issue with the HD600, HD650's or HE500's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back