NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Jan 15, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #2,942 of 4,971
Can I buy yours? :p

lol mabey! If I buy a Schiit Lyr at some point :p i Honestly don't know why the Philips X1s are so sensitive yet I can't hear the noise floor. I guess its because its efficient cans?

Jan 15, 2014 at 7:47 AM Post #2,943 of 4,971
Does yours ring at all? or completely silent.
Frankly, I am very intrigued with the sound, I think I will like it, but that ring rather ummm ... I am not in US, so shipping back and forth need a little more effort and costs.

Jan 15, 2014 at 9:10 AM Post #2,945 of 4,971
RedBull:

I have Vali (serial number 761 or so) two days so only basic listening experience (Nina Simone, Diana Krall, Return To Forever blu-ray, Led Zeppelin Presence CD, Jeff Beck Performing Live at Ronnie blu-ray). Paired with Denon d2000 (modded, recabled). Plugged mogami (with neutrik plugs) 3m extension cable, switched ON, wait few minutes for working temperature.

There is no ringing at all. I have volume at 10 to 11 clock pos. and using variable output from oppo103, but also tried volume knob on Vali - very gentle and normal rotating of knob while oppo is paused (input is muted) - no ringing at all on any level.
Since I wanted to know what actualy ringing is I gently tap Vali - only almost unlistenable tiing, then knocking with nail - ringing is here but disappears at about 30 seconds. As I am sitting 3m from Vali, under normal conditions ringing is nothing I am afraid of. No problem here. Not to mention , my 4 years old son is constantly jumping around me on floor and disturbing my schiit, my schiit is under TV, my schiit is near oppo103 - no ringing here.
If it does matter, I have used three from four supplied rubber legs (formed onto triangle) so bigger mass is applied to each and vibrations are dampened better.
And sound ? Phenomenal. 

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:36 AM Post #2,946 of 4,971
Sound good. When did you get your Vali?
Since you mentioned you can barely hear because you sit 3 m distance from Vali, does it mean that the ringing is external ringing, means not through your headphone drivers? means, not your headphone making this sound?

Jan 15, 2014 at 12:13 PM Post #2,947 of 4,971

I Got my Vali 01/13-th.

I am sitting 3m from Vali with HP over ears :) There is no buzz or hiss coming from amp surface or from amp's guts. So ringing comes from HP drivers.

Jan 15, 2014 at 1:38 PM Post #2,948 of 4,971
  The noise floor probably doesn't change with the volume control in this amp. When I put on sensitive cans I was able to hear it the same regardless of the control's position.

me 2

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #2,949 of 4,971
Just bought a Vali+Modi for my Beyer DT770 Pro's. Excited :D :)

Jan 15, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #2,950 of 4,971
Hey all, another update on the Vali.  Originally I had a series of postings concerning microphonics issues I had with an early issue amp (#126).  I returned it to Schiit and got a great, no noise replacement (#634).  The new amp sounded and performed great. 

The reason I'm posting is I just passed on my Vali to my son in college and I'm back to using my old Asgard 1.  It's a big difference.  Switching over to the Asgard eliminated a lot of the "life" from the music and while it renders everything perfectly it sounds flat.  I'm using he-400s with Jerg pads.  I can't complain about the sound with the Asgard.  It drives my He-400s crazy coupled with an uber Bifrost but I may need to get another Vali or a Lyr.  Once you've heard tubes you can't go back.  I'm sure I will be used to the Asgard after a couple days listening which isn't good.  I need to remember the sound difference while it is still fresh in my mind.

Jan 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM Post #2,951 of 4,971
  Hey all, another update on the Vali.  Originally I had a series of postings concerning microphonics issues I had with an early issue amp (#126).  I returned it to Schiit and got a great, no noise replacement (#634).  The new amp sounded and performed great. 

The reason I'm posting is I just passed on my Vali to my son in college and I'm back to using my old Asgard 1.  It's a big difference.  Switching over to the Asgard eliminated a lot of the "life" from the music and while it renders everything perfectly it sounds flat.  I'm using he-400s with Jerg pads.  I can't complain about the sound with the Asgard.  It drives my He-400s crazy coupled with an uber Bifrost but I may need to get another Vali or a Lyr.  Once you've heard tubes you can't go back.  I'm sure I will be used to the Asgard after a couple days listening which isn't good.  I need to remember the sound difference while it is still fresh in my mind.

There are also other great choices for tubes. I'm looking to possibly get a Lyr or Project Ember  in the future to drive my HE4s. I'm leaning more towards the latter just because of all the great reviews, sound customizations, and it's cheaper price tag.

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #2,953 of 4,971
Question for Vali owners:

Is the Vali better than the Magni and the O2 amp? I know I am comparing with solid state amps but this is for the DT 990 and maybe future HE-400 or HD 650. Is the microphonic as bad as the website says and a big deal? Like will I hear it when I talk or move my head? Or will I only hear a ring when I turn on the amp to warm up and plugging in the headphones only?

Jan 15, 2014 at 10:44 PM Post #2,954 of 4,971
  For everyone fearing/experiencing the ring problem, I have finally found a solution!

All for the low cost of $995.
rolleyes.gif

Jan 15, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #2,955 of 4,971
  All for the low cost of $995.
rolleyes.gif

Found this on their website:
“One could hear the air surrounding the instruments and singers more clearly with the Tranquility Base”

“Bass was also enhanced with the Tranquility Base. It seemed to be more powerful, dynamic, and better controlled”

“The Tranquility Base performed its magic without hardening or brightening the sound”

Synergistic Research Tranquility BASE conditioning a wireless router

“One other quality of the Tranquility Base is its acoustic isolation properties… the Base is actually two products combined”

Such a gimmick!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back