NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Nov 27, 2013 at 10:51 PM Post #1,111 of 4,971
I believe the Head-Fi community is equally helpful on emptying your wallet as they are on solving problems 
tongue.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 1:28 AM Post #1,115 of 4,971
Can anyone tell me the rough size estimate of the Vali box in inches? I'll have a friend flying over so I'll have to give him a rough estimate and ask him if he can bring it or not.

Also any other opinions on the Vali + T50RP from others? (Though I've already decided to get a Vali in any case)

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:04 AM Post #1,116 of 4,971
  Can anyone tell me the rough size estimate of the Vali box in inches? I'll have a friend flying over so I'll have to give him a rough estimate and ask him if he can bring it or not.

Also any other opinions on the Vali + T50RP from others? (Though I've already decided to get a Vali in any case)

why is reading the schist web site so difficult for people to comprehend???

Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.25”
Weight: 1 lb

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:17 AM Post #1,117 of 4,971

why is reading the schist web site so difficult for people to comprehend???

Size: 5 x 3.5 x 1.25”
Weight: 1 lb

Ironic ain't it?

If you would kindly read my post again, I wanted to know the rough dimensions of the Vali box and not the Vali.

And a product size cannot act as a basis of the approximation of the box size, in my humble opinion. That is why I asked the question.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:26 AM Post #1,118 of 4,971
  Ironic ain't it?

If you would kindly read my post again, I wanted to know the rough dimensions of the Vali box and not the Vali.

And a product size cannot act as a basis of the approximation of the box size, in my humble opinion. That is why I asked the question.

Assuming its the same box as the magni (given that the chassis are very similar), I it should be 8.25" x 5.25"x 5.25". Got this off an unboxing video of the magni since it says the box dimensions at the bottom haha.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:27 AM Post #1,119 of 4,971

Not sure if anyone who ordered one received it yet, some may get theirs tomorrow since today is a holiday in the U.S. I am sure someone would be able to help you then with the size of the shipping box. Another option is to use the dimensions posted on Schitt's website for the size of the unit, and find a box that would be slightly bigger than that for a rough estimate (don't forget to add a little extra room for packing peanuts or some protective material). But I am guessing the box your friend will need to use will be quite small. Like I said though if you need exact measurements of the box that Schiit ships the unit in, you can wait a few days for some of the members here who bought it to help you answer that, or maybe e-mail Schiit and ask them what size box they use for shipping the Vali. Schitt customer service is awesome and they reply to e-mails rather quickly.

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #1,120 of 4,971

Not sure if anyone who ordered one received it yet, some may get theirs tomorrow since today is a holiday in the U.S. I am sure someone would be able to help you then with the size of the shipping box. Another option is to use the dimensions posted on Schitt's website for the size of the unit, and find a box that would be slightly bigger than that for a rough estimate (don't forget to add a little extra room for packing peanuts or some protective material). But I am guessing the box your friend will need to use will be quite small. Like I said though if you need exact measurements of the box that Schiit ships the unit in, you can wait a few days for some of the members here who bought it to help you answer that, or maybe e-mail Schiit and ask them what size box they use for shipping the Vali. Schitt customer service is awesome and they reply to e-mails rather quickly.

Their customer service is very quick indeed. I'll contact them. Actually I was reading through the past pages where members were posting their impressions on the retail unit. So I thought I'll ask. Thanks for the informative reply, much appreciated.

Assuming its the same box as the magni (given that the chassis are very similar), I it should be 8.25" x 5.25"x 5.25". Got this off an unboxing video of the magni since it says the box dimensions at the bottom haha.

Thanks a lot Darknet :)

Nov 28, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #1,121 of 4,971

I've owned the Magni before and what they do is they have an interesting cardboard insert that holds the amplifier in place so there aren't really any packing peanuts... its a bit hard to explain haha but if you've seen an unboxing you'll get it. 

I also think its worth mentioning that the box they send it in is the actual box of the amplifier itself, so there's only one box- not the box holding the actual amplifier and a box protecting the inner box.

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:19 AM Post #1,123 of 4,971
Looks like I'll get mine during next week. One stupid question though. I also ordered Modi, and today I started to wonder if it ships with an usb-cable, or do I have to buy a separate one? If so, is there a specific type of cable I should look for? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the dumb questions!

Nov 28, 2013 at 8:26 AM Post #1,124 of 4,971
Looks like I'll get mine during next week. One stupid question though. I also ordered Modi, and today I started to wonder if it ships with an usb-cable, or do I have to buy a separate one? If so, is there a specific type of cable I should look for? Thanks in advance, and sorry for the dumb questions!

You'll need to buy a USB cable and a set of RCA cables. Good quality basic cables are fine--Schiit sells them or you can go with something similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back