NEW Vali Schiit AMP!!!
Mar 4, 2015 at 8:26 AM Post #4,546 of 4,971
  Vali on the way. Planning to use it iMac --> Dragonfly --> Vali --> Grado PS500. Am currently tempted by the new Audezes, as well. 

Am curious if anyone in here uses Tidal as a source? 

If they are probably not for long as Tidal has acknowledged they do not have enough working capital to finish out the year.

Mar 4, 2015 at 9:54 AM Post #4,547 of 4,971
  Vali on the way. Planning to use it iMac --> Dragonfly --> Vali --> Grado PS500. Am currently tempted by the new Audezes, as well.

Am curious if anyone in here uses Tidal as a source?

I tried both the LCD-2 and 3 on my DF+Vali rig at a local meet last Sunday... very nice combo.  You can get lots and lots of eargasmic mileage driving them Audezes with this lowly piece of Schiit while you save for a more exensive amp buy more music because Vali may very well be your endgame amp even for the LCD-3.  Seriously.

Mar 4, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #4,548 of 4,971
  I tried both the LCD-2 and 3 on my DF+Vali rig at a local meet last Sunday... very nice combo.  You can get lots and lots of eargasmic mileage driving them Audezes with this lowly piece of Schiit while you save for a more exensive amp buy more music because Vali may very well be your endgame amp even for the LCD-3.  Seriously.

Thanks very much for the reply! I think it's perfect amp for my current space, and if it punches that far above its weight, all the better.

Mar 4, 2015 at 5:56 PM Post #4,549 of 4,971
I
Thanks very much for the reply! I think it's perfect amp for my current space, and if it punches that far above its weight, all the better.

I too have just got the Modi/Vali and run my HD700, HD650, Sr350is and AKG K550 through it. What I love most above the price and the fact that it sounds/looks great, is that it seems to bring out the best in all my headphones. It doesn't seem to pair badly with anything I've tried. I haven't tried any high end amps but the results I'm getting from this little amp is going to be enough to keep me happy for quite some time.

Mar 5, 2015 at 3:47 AM Post #4,550 of 4,971
I

I too have just got the Modi/Vali and run my HD700, HD650, Sr350is and AKG K550 through it. What I love most above the price and the fact that it sounds/looks great, is that it seems to bring out the best in all my headphones. It doesn't seem to pair badly with anything I've tried. I haven't tried any high end amps but the results I'm getting from this little amp is going to be enough to keep me happy for quite some time.

The Vali will surprise you with how good it sounds with some headphones that you might think it would have trouble with, like my T1's for example. The only thing I have found so far it doesn't like too much are my Grado's. It isn't horrible but the Grado's like my Lyr more.

Mar 5, 2015 at 8:56 AM Post #4,552 of 4,971

The Vali will surprise you with how good it sounds with some headphones that you might think it would have trouble with, like my T1's for example. The only thing I have found so far it doesn't like too much are my Grado's. It isn't horrible but the Grado's like my Lyr more.

Yup.  Grady's sound better on Lyr than Vali.
The Vali seems to add the extra mid bass and upper mids that Grado's already enough of. 

Mar 15, 2015 at 8:45 PM Post #4,555 of 4,971
Hey folks,
Do you think the AKG K712 Pro would be a good match for the Vali? The K712's specs seem similar to the Q701 and I've heard good things about that and the Vali, but I figured I'd check in here. The DAC is a Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, if it matters.

Mar 16, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #4,557 of 4,971
Has anyone compared the Vali to the Magni 2 or Magni 2 Uber?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What are the odds of anyone buying all three and keeping them so they are both available at the same time to compare? Especially both versions of the Magni 2.

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:13 AM Post #4,558 of 4,971
I heard the vali next to the original magni and modi last weekend. A slightly warmer and smoother sound than the magni was my opinion. No bad choice amongst either and for the price why not have all 3?

Mar 16, 2015 at 11:46 AM Post #4,559 of 4,971
  I heard the vali next to the original magni and modi last weekend. I slightly warmer and smoother sound than the magni was my opinion. No bad choice amongst either and for the price why not have all 3?

While you're at it, pick up an Asgard 2, nice amp. I actually have a Vali, Magni 1, Modi 2U an Asgard 2 and a Bifrost Uber USB2. All great Schiit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back