New Unique Melody Triple Dynamic CIEM announced
May 5, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #241 of 644
Quote:
Haha! Came across a few Singaporeans, maybe we should have a meet, how exactly do we organise these stuff?

Meet at Starbucks and chit chat.
tongue.gif

May 5, 2013 at 6:58 AM Post #243 of 644
Too expensive, how about Kopitiam or Koufu?

On topic, do you think Stereo would receive a set to demo/audition?

I asked already. They said they would. Holy crap! Didn't now there were so many Singaporeans! We should really organise a headfi meet! Seriously, how do we get about organizing headfi meets???

May 5, 2013 at 7:06 AM Post #245 of 644
Quote:

Definitely.

They got more than a month to prepare/receive the demos.

Sweet, will definitely head down to have a listen to UM's interpretation of 3 Dynamic Drivers. I am expecting a wide soundstage rather than headstage and probably a tad slower presentation, without sacrificing detail imaging.

May 5, 2013 at 7:12 AM Post #246 of 644
Quote:
Sweet, will definitely head down to have a listen to UM's interpretation of 3 Dynamic Drivers. I am expecting a wide soundstage rather than headstage and probably a tad slower presentation, without sacrificing detail imaging.

I am a sucker for wide soundstaging.

But it all depends on the looks of the custom.

May 5, 2013 at 7:28 AM Post #247 of 644
No fr graphs or basic measurements other than the size of the drivers...and a very inconsistently handled pre-order discount...
rolleyes.gif

May 5, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #248 of 644
Tried the JVC version of 3DD earlier with my AK100.

Initial impressions: Warm SQ with good clarity. Female vocals are quite nice and you get a good amount of detail. I would say it is like my W4s with more bass, but not thumpy. The IEMs protrude out of your ears like the older style UEs and wires do not go over the ears.

This was inside a noisy store and talkative employees. I had to cup my ears to get a better fit and better isolation.
It would be interesting to see how UM's version fare against it.

May 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #249 of 644
So stereo is also selling this on June and thats good news...hope they have demo of this on their store.

May 5, 2013 at 9:20 AM Post #250 of 644
(NB: all emphases are added by me, not by Stephen)

Quote:

I need we need some clarifications here. The newsletters that you guys subscribed to is the UMG newsletter. UMG is a distributing team organized by Matt, the Australian distributor as many of you know. All prices are supposedly set and controlled by UM's CEO, who has the final say on these kinds of matters. Before May, although there may be some lack of or mis communications, nobody promised any kind of pre-order discounts as far as I know. I opened pre-order discount for a couple of days on May 1, and after knowing that no discounts should be made for the 3DD, I immediately stopped it. The homepage image only said "limited time only" on custom-iem.com, so I guess it's not contradicting with anything. Whatever UMG is doing is the sole decision of UMG. From what I know, the decision of no discounts has already been sent out to everybody before you guys received the newsletter, which was still sent out nevertheless. 

Quote:
.... We came to the conclusion that no discount should be offered for 3DD.

Cheers, Stephen

Quote:

.... There were some miscommunications before, so there were sales here and there for the past couple of days. We had a meeting yesterday, and decided that there will be no more pre-order discounts across all retailers. Therefore, all custom and universal 3DD will and should be sold at the official retail price. All sales that are still going on as of now are deemed as illegitimate, and should be stopped. If there are more questions, feel free to email me. If anyone can get discounted prices, please report.

I'm still scratching my head here, as to what has really gone on behind the scenes, but don't take it personally, Stephen, I'm not having a go at you. You have at least had the balls to stand up and communicate with us, here on the forums, and I respect you for that.

It's an uneasy situation, all round, but it is what it is. I can only hope that lessons have been learned from this, by all parties involved, globally.

Ironically, I was one of the original UM Promo launch customers (I ordered Miracles), and although there were various fulfilment issues with that (mostly through no fault of UM's), it fundamentally panned out OK, and (from my outsider's perspective) it seems UM gained a lot, internationally, from the large uptake of that promo offer. They became a household name, with generally favourable reviews for the CIEMs so many people had jumped at the opportunity of purchasing at a discounted rate.

Anyway, I'm stepping out of the current discussion now.  I look forward to hearing/seeing reviews of how the 3DDs perform.

Peace.

May 5, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #251 of 644
Quote:

Too expensive, how about Kopitiam or Koufu?

On topic, do you think Stereo would receive a set to demo/audition?

Erm... Kopitiam and Koufu are less than ideal locations for auditions given the noise level generated by the crowds.
Actually Starbucks (depending on location) makes a better option though the drinks and food tend to be a little pricey.

May 5, 2013 at 9:34 AM Post #252 of 644
May 5, 2013 at 9:39 AM Post #254 of 644

Users who are viewing this thread

Back