NEW Ultrasone Tribute 7 Headphones Limited Edition
Dec 20, 2019 at 5:20 AM Post #46 of 61
Hey there,

I’m new on here but have been reading multiple posts on Focal Stellia and Ultrasone Tribute 7. I see that the Stellias are in your current listed setup. Do you still use the Tribute 7? I’m looking at both and trying to decide, so wondering if you could give a detailed comparison of both. I have a pair of Stellias at the moment and I love the soundstage and detail, but they’re a little loose on my head. Wondering how the Tribute 7 would compare in fit and, most importantly, sound quality.

Thanks very much!
I sold Tribute 7 a while ago. T7 has V shaped signature and is good for exciting music. Stellia provides better resolution and details and is good for any style of music, I think. The fit is tighter with T7. And the carrying case of T7 is really nice, compact and portable. Hope this helps.

Dec 21, 2019 at 3:27 PM Post #47 of 61
I sold Tribute 7 a while ago. T7 has V shaped signature and is good for exciting music. Stellia provides better resolution and details and is good for any style of music, I think. The fit is tighter with T7. And the carrying case of T7 is really nice, compact and portable. Hope this helps.

Thanks very much for sharing your impressions. I do love the Stellia. It’s just too bad that even after wrapping a band around the headband for a couple of days to tighten the fit, I’m still losing bass and sound, in general, due to the loose fitting ear cups. I have to push on the ear cups a little bit in order to get the full frequency and full sound. They’re still really great sounding if I don’t push on the cups, but wow, what an improvement when I do push on them. If you or anyone else on here have any suggestions for me I’d really appreciate it. I’m in the process of shopping for a different set that might fit better and sound just as good. Not sure that pair exists though as everyone seems to say the stellia is the best closed back. Thanks again.

Last edited:
Dec 21, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #48 of 61
Give the Denon D9200 a try.

Dec 22, 2019 at 5:41 AM Post #50 of 61
Thanks very much for the recommendation. I’ve been looking at these. I thought the wood might be too heavy, and the cups might be too large, so I haven’t considered them. But now you’ve convinced me. Cheers!

Regarding the wood cups, TBH I wasn't crazy about the look of the cups because they weren't as shiny and nice looking as the old Denon D7000 cups but then I now think about how scuffed up those cups would look now because I use mine on the go, I am glad that they are not glossy and shiny. These bamboo cups to not scratch and show any wear. And bamboo is a super strong wood and super light too.

You should follow the D9200 thread and see how many owners realise what an understated headphone it is. It just continues to amaze myself and other owners.

I wish you luck and hope you get a chance to give them a try.

Mar 21, 2024 at 12:36 AM Post #57 of 61
I just bought a pair but it didnt come with the travel case. Does anyone want to sell their travel case or know of a case that will work well with the Tribute 7?

Mar 23, 2024 at 4:48 PM Post #59 of 61
How do they sound?
Still deciding. At times I am thinking it is a boring headphone….but then other times I am like whoa what was that. I cant even describe it yet. But if I can find a travel case….they will be a keeper likely.

Mar 23, 2024 at 6:46 PM Post #60 of 61
Still deciding. At times I am thinking it is a boring headphone….but then other times I am like whoa what was that. I cant even describe it yet. But if I can find a travel case….they will be a keeper likely.
Interesting. I have a soft spot for Ultrasone but haven’t heard these yet. How much you pay for yours?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back