Ultrasone Tribute 7 Headphones - $2999

Free U.S. 2nd Day shipping

Ultrasone-Tribute-7-headphones-side-2.jpg

Ultrasone-Tribute-7-headphones-side.jpg

Ultrasone-Tribute-7-headphones-side-3.jpg

Ultrasone Tribute 7 Headphones

Free U.S. 2nd Day shipping

$2999 Ultrasone Tribute 7 Headphones

Limited Edition Ultrasone Tribute 7 combines luxury and professional sound that is identical to the earlier Edition 7 headphones.

Only 777 handmade units in existence.

Main Features:

1. Patented S-Logic Plus technology
  2. Unique spatial sound
  3. Hand crafted in Germany

In 2004, the Edition 7 set new standards.

Ultrasone was the first manufacturer in the dynamic headphone segment to combine luxury and professional sound at the highest level. The sound reproduction of the Tribute 7 is identical to that of the earlier Edition 7. Accordingly, every Tribute 7 has an accompanying measurement report.

Tribute 7 is limited to 777 units and every set is handmade in Germany.

Individual serial numbers emphasize the uniqueness of each individual Tribute 7. Highly polished, metal-coated brass logo plaques adorn the aluminium ear cups, which are milled from a single block of the highest-quality aircraft aluminium and then carefully anodized in the color "mystic blue".

Accurate spatial sound with finest comfort.

During development Ultrasone placed great emphasis upon the combination of cutting-edge technical standards, exquisite materials and the highest-quality craftsmanship, leaving nothing to be desired. The head pad is covered with finest anthracite-colored Alcantara®. The ear cushions, coated with Ethiopian sheep leather, gently adjust themselves to your ear and provide excellent insulation. Sounds from outside can barely noticed, allowing for impressive listening pleasure.

Patented S-Logic® Plus technology ensures a unique spatial sound. S-Logic® Plus provides extraordinarily neutral sound characteristics, so that the spatial impression of every voice and every instrument is highly detailed and authentic. The integrated ULE technology (MU metal shielding) ensures that exposure to electromagnetic radiation is reduced in accordance with the ULE standard.

A wooden box made of cherry wood in cabinetmaker quality provides a safe place for storing your headphones at home. An additional hard case (included) provides protection for on the go, in case you would like to take your Tribute 7 headphones with you on your travels.

Two detachable cables, developed especially for these headphones, tonally aligned and made from 99.9% oxygen-free copper, are also included. The cables can be easily and securely connected to the Tribute 7 by means of a B-lock connection. You will receive a straight 1.2m cable with gold-plated 3.5mm stereo jack and a straight 3m cable with 3.5mm stereo jack. Accessories also include a screwable 6.3mm adapter.

S-Logic Plus Technology

S-Logic® Plus is the newest advancement in the S-Logic® Natural Surround System, squeezing the BIG S-Logic® soundstage found in our PRO series headphones into the more streamlined ear-cups of select HFI & DJ models (HFI-580, HFI-680, HFI-780, DJ1).

S-Logic® Plus profits directly from innovations developed for Ultrasone’s flagship Edition range, the ultimate headphones for critical listening. This sophisticated new technology combines precision dampening with micro-acoustic reinforcement, allowing driver, buffer-board, and spatial parameters to complement one another in an optimal manner. So the acoustically redesigned ear-cups of these new models and their tonal fine-tuning result in a most neutral sound impression with more vivid perception of voices and instruments.

How does S-Logic® Natural Surround Sound work?

S-Logic® sends music around your head not just into it, because this technology uses decentralized driver positioning. Did you know that you use and need the outer ear for your three-dimensional understanding to define the direction and distance where a sound comes from? Instead of hitting the inner ear directly, with S-Logic® the signals are reflected off the surface of the outer ear in different directions before entering the auditory canal to create a natural three-dimensional Sound.

S-Logic® is the only headphone system which includes your entire sense of hearing. S-Logic® does not change your personal hearing, it intensifies it for your individual needs and listening pleasure.

S-Logic® does not need artificial echo nor digital sound processing or cross over run time delay. You can hear the sound just the way the sound engineer has mastered it.

S-Logic® does not only create a Natural Surround Sound sensation. S-Logic® allows at the same time a reduction of sound pressure levels at the eardrum by up to 40% (3 - 4 dB). This may reduce the risk of hearing damage while ensuring hours of fatigue-free listening.

Ultrasone - ULE-technology (Ultra Low Emission) MU shielding

Most headphone drivers produce low-frequency magnetic fields as they convert an electrical signal into the acoustical signal that we hear as music. Ultrasone has developed a special MU Metal shielding that they call ULE (for Ultra Low Emissions) to reduce this radiation by up to 98%, compared to conventional headphones.

This technology has withstood the test of international review and is recommended by technical surveillance organizations.

Ultrasone originally developed ULE-technology for PROfessionals, since they spend half of their lives in headphones. But due to overwhelming consumer demand, we are pleased to offer ULE in the other Ultrasone lines.

S-Logic® does not only create a Natural Surround Sound sensation.

S-Logic® allows at the same time a reduction of sound pressure levels at the eardrum by up to 40% (3 - 4 dB). This may reduce the risk of hearing damage while ensuring hours of fatigue-free listening. However, Ultrasone generally advises not to listen to music at high volumes to prevent hearing damage.

Accessories Tribute 7

1. Two detachable cables with B-lock connection:
    1. 1.2m cable with gold-plated 3.5mm stereo jack
    2. 3m cable with 3.5mm stereo jack

2. 1x wooden box made of cherry wood
  3. 1x hard-sided carrying case
  4. Micro fiber cleaning cloth

Specs

Principle: dynamic, closed

S-Logic® Plus technology

ULE technology

Impedance: 30 Ohm

Driver/Driver size: Mylar/Titan, 40mm

Magnet: NdFeB

Frequency range: 8 - 35,000 Hz

SPL: 96 dB

Weight (excl. cord): 396g

Handmade in Germany

Thank You.

Drew Baird
Moon Audio

Last edited:
Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
May 16, 2016 at 9:25 PM Post #2 of 61

must...have....must...have....must..................................

May 18, 2016 at 3:11 PM Post #3 of 61
SO EXTREMELY TEMPTING... even though I just bought an Edition 5 Unlimited last year.  I have a thing for Ultrasones and currently own the Edition 5, Edition 8 and Signature DJ.  I've always wanted to hear the Edition 7 or 9 but they're virtually impossible to come by.  So is this a once in a lifetime opportunity to own the Edition 7 sound?  For anyone who owns Edition 7 or 9, does the sound really live up to the hype and legendary status? I've read and heard that no other headphones sound like them.   

May 26, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #4 of 61
*crickets*

Very surprised that these aren't generating more excitement on head-fi. Where are the Ultrasone fanboys at?

Order placed with Moon Audio in a moment of weakness.  So far they seem to be the only US vendor taking orders for these. Even Ultrasone's US online store doesn't list them yet. 

Yes, it's absurd money for headphones with technology literally from 2004.  With my luck I'll bet they come out with an unlimited version for half the price in 6 months.

Jun 9, 2016 at 5:19 PM Post #6 of 61

Very interested to hear your review. I don't see how anything can sound more enjoyable than my Sig DJ's.
  I received mine with the serial Number 441 yesterday. It seams that Ultrasone starts to deliver the Headphones. Please let me know your Number:wink:

regards

Very interested to hear your review. I don't see how anything can sound more enjoyable than my Sig DJ's.

Jun 10, 2016 at 12:18 PM Post #7 of 61
  I received mine with the serial Number 441 yesterday. It seams that Ultrasone starts to deliver the Headphones. Please let me know your Number:wink:

regards

You already received yours?!  I'm still waiting for mine.  May I ask what country you're in and who you ordered it from?  I've scoured the internet for an official release date and the only thing I found is that it's being released on June 18th in Japan but nothing about a US release date.  Ultrasone's own site is vague and only states that it takes "4 to 6 weeks" for delivery.

Jun 27, 2016 at 7:27 PM Post #11 of 61
Today is the day my Tribute 7s arrived. My serial number is 226.

Was afraid that I might be disappointed with the sound, but so far I'm impressed with them out of the box. Wider soundstage than I expected, sparkly highs and energetic bass. Will let them burn in for a while before comparing them to the other Ultrasones I currently own (Edition 8, Edition 5 Unlimited and Signature DJ).

Here she is!

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #12 of 61
Today is the day my Tribute 7s arrived. My serial number is 226.

Was afraid that I might be disappointed with the sound, but so far I'm impressed with them out of the box. Wider soundstage than I expected, sparkly highs and energetic bass. Will let them burn in for a while before comparing them to the other Ultrasones I currently own (Edition 8, Edition 5 Unlimited and Signature DJ).

Here she is!

Can't wait for your review!

Jun 28, 2016 at 12:22 PM Post #13 of 61
You are one of the lucky few in the US to get one. We only got a small supply and did not even have enough for us to have a demo set. So looking forward how you feel it compares. Glad to see you have the Sig DJ which I feel is a hidden jem and does not get enough credit. Most likely because folks don't want a white headphone. It is on my best bang for the buck list. I have customers that like these better than any other Ultrasone. The ED7 was always my favorite so hoping the Tribute is as good and better. Enjoy. Cable upgrades coming soon as well:)

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jun 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #14 of 61
  You are one of the lucky few in the US to get one. We only got a small supply and did not even have enough for us to have a demo set. So looking forward how you feel it compares. Glad to see you have the Sig DJ which I feel is a hidden jem and does not get enough credit. Most likely because folks don't want a white headphone. It is on my best bang for the buck list. I have customers that like these better than any other Ultrasone. The ED7 was always my favorite so hoping the Tribute is as good and better. Enjoy. Cable upgrades coming soon as well:)

Yes many thanks to you Drew and your crew for making this happen for me 
L3000.gif

I agree that Sig DJ is really awesome.  I'm not a fan of the white plasticky cups either, but the sound makes up for the cheap looks.  Ultrasone really got the bass right with those if you crave hard-hitting bass, while keeping the rest of the frequencies clear.   They're my favorite Ultrasones along with Ed 5, and I've owned many Ultrasones in the past.  Now I just have to decide where the Tribute 7s fall...

Based on VERY brief impressions, the Tribute 7 is most similar to the Sig DJ out of the high-end Ultrasones as I kind of suspected.  Both are energetic, exciting phones with big bass.  It is UNLIKE the Sig Pro which I used to own which is more mid-centric with restrained bass (by Ultrasone standards).

Jun 28, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #15 of 61

Yes many thanks to you Drew and your crew for making this happen for me 
L3000.gif

I agree that Sig DJ is really awesome.  I'm not a fan of the white plasticky cups either, but the sound makes up for the cheap looks.  Ultrasone really got the bass right with those if you crave hard-hitting bass, while keeping the rest of the frequencies clear.   They're my favorite Ultrasones along with Ed 5, and I've owned many Ultrasones in the past.  Now I just have to decide where the Tribute 7s fall...

Based on VERY brief impressions, the Tribute 7 is most similar to the Sig DJ out of the high-end Ultrasones as I kind of suspected.  Both are energetic, exciting phones with big bass.  It is UNLIKE the Sig Pro which I used to own which is more mid-centric with restrained bass (by Ultrasone standards).

You guys are making my mouth and ears water lol...

What I need to know is whether the Tribute 7 is 2-3x better than my well-loved Sig DJ's to merit the price tag.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back