NEW ULTIMATE EARS !!! (600/500/350/200)
Aug 24, 2010 at 11:23 AM Post #16 of 50
all im seeing is logitec flooding the product range with oem dynicam stuff, as far as i recall anythign by Ue with a dynamic driver in it was either directed at kids or was a complete fail,

Aug 24, 2010 at 12:05 PM Post #17 of 50
Very meh.

I do understand that Logitech sees the budget market as their main income point, it's a damn shame to tarnish the UE name.  I don't know why they wouldn't just sell these products under the Logitech name.

I too would love to see successors, maybe a new metal housed triple BA earphone?  I know enough of us (I never had problems) didn't like the relative fragile plastic housing and glue that hated any type of flex.  A physical update, maybe some minor x-over or filter changes to take out some of the V shape would be awesome.  It's a shame Logitech doesn't see a market for it.

Maybe we as head-fiers need to give Logitech the e-mail equivalent of a smack upside the head and just start spamming their e-mail box saying "No!  Bad Logitech!  Bad!"

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:21 PM Post #19 of 50
Spec differences between the 600 and the SF5 are likely meaningless - my bet is they just used a different measurement technique that gives slightly different numbers.

Needless to say, I miss the pre-Logitech UE.

Aug 24, 2010 at 3:43 PM Post #20 of 50
From UE's facebook:

"new product introductions today: Ultimate Ears 200 Blue, Purple or Grey
($29.99), 200vi Blue, Purple or Grey ($39.99), 350 ($49.99), 500 ($69.99)
and 500vi ($79.99). And more products to come in the next few weeks!"

and in response to those who asked about the 700s and 600s:

"The UE700 is the same product but we added more silicone ear cushions (in smaller sizes), improved the packaging, changed the carry case and LOWERED the price to $149.99! We expanded the Frequency Response to 20k because although the human ear cannot hear at that level, the UE 700 does respond/make noise at that level. But the Frequency Response did not change - it has always been up to 20k but in our original specs, we only specified what the human ear can hear."

"The UE 600 is the same product as the SuperFi 5 with a new name, more silicone ear cushions (in smaller sizes), improved packaging, a new carry case and LOWER price at $99.99! We expanded the Frequency Response to 20k because although the human ear cannot hear at that level, the UE 600 does respond/make noise at that level. But the Frequency Response did not change - it has always been up to 20k on the SuperFi 5 but in our original specs we only specified what the human ear can hear."

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:01 PM Post #21 of 50
When I saw the Ultimate Ears 500s, another earphone immediately popped into my head.

Am I the only one who thought of this?

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:04 PM Post #22 of 50

Quote:
When I saw the Ultimate Ears 500s, another earphone immediately popped into my head.

Am I the only one who thought of this?

yeap thaey are really looking quite similar
deadhorse.gif

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:20 PM Post #23 of 50
I doubt the $80 UE have a japanese moving armature though.  
wink_face.gif
  The GR8 is still one of my favorite IEM designs though.  I think they look great and fit great.

Aug 24, 2010 at 4:32 PM Post #24 of 50

Quote:
I doubt the $80 UE have a japanese moving armature though.  
wink_face.gif
  The GR8 is still one of my favorite IEM designs though.  I think they look great and fit great.

Oh I don't doubt the tech inside the 500s is inferior to that of the GR8. That design immediately gave me flashbacks to the GR8 as soon as I saw it.

Aug 24, 2010 at 9:52 PM Post #25 of 50
Grado used a generic housing to begin with, so no huge surprises there.

I'm interested in seeing what these new products coming in the following weeks will be. Will we see a TF10 sucessor?
Let's wait and see...

Aug 27, 2010 at 4:54 PM Post #28 of 50

Quote:
I think Logitech is destroying UE...

Wouldn't be the first company to fall victim.  I wish they kept to making mice and trackballs.  Hey Logitech!!  How about you update the 20 year old Marble trackballs to 5600 DPI rather than going around ruining good companies!  
angry_face.gif

Aug 27, 2010 at 5:05 PM Post #29 of 50
Most of these in the lineup don't seem particularly interesting. We should remember though that Logitech is a MASSIVE company. While this looks like a complete lineup by the usual standards, they still might have half a dozen more models coming soon, and perhaps those will be higher end. I'm being a bit optimistic here....

Aug 27, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #30 of 50
I thought this would be interesting...
More example of logitech failure.

UE is pretty much dead, their higher end models are horrible and outdone by newer offerings. If the TF10 were $150 new it would be competitive, fun sound but pathetic build quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back