New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Mar 3, 2023 at 2:12 PM Post #61 of 685
can this drive the susvara, its strange why no one from canjam talked bout it

Mar 11, 2023 at 8:01 AM Post #62 of 685
The best TOL transportable solution could be " ALL TITANIUM" : Valkyria Titanium + Lotoo Mjolnir (also titanium body). . . if you have 20.000 $. :xf_cool:

Lotoo.png

Spirit Torino Valkyria.jpg

Last edited:
Apr 6, 2023 at 8:04 AM Post #63 of 685
Here some preliminary specs. But.... why very little activity about the Lotoo Mjolnir here ? Nobody's interested in such "supoer DAP "

Capture d’écran 2023-04-06 à 14.02.59.png

Apr 6, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #64 of 685
But.... why very little activity about the Lotoo Mjolnir here ?
Niche product; neither portable, nor exactly trans-portable. And if desktop, then why not actually go fully desktop?

Nobody's interested in such "supoer DAP "
I'm actually very interested and would love to demo this. Missing the Lotoo house sound in my life. How would it pan out in practical terms? I guess for loafing around on the sofa, maybe packing for summer vacation in the Hamptons. What would interest me is how it would compare to something like Paw Gold Touch + high-end portable amp such as Mass Kobo 428. Specs are good on paper, but what really matters the dynamic/current performance of the amp in real-world terms.

Design wise, it's a gem. Only Lotoo can pull off the gold knob thing without looking like cheap AliExpress Chi-Fi bling.

Apr 6, 2023 at 8:48 AM Post #65 of 685
Niche product; neither portable, nor exactly trans-portable. And if desktop, then why not actually go fully desktop?

I'm actually very interested and would love to demo this. Missing the Lotoo house sound in my life. How would it pan out in practical terms? I guess for loafing around on the sofa, maybe packing for summer vacation in the Hamptons. What would interest me is how it would compare to something like Paw Gold Touch + high-end portable amp such as Mass Kobo 428. Specs are good on paper, but what really matters the dynamic/current performance of the amp in real-world terms.

Design wise, it's a gem. Only Lotoo can pull off the gold knob thing without looking like cheap AliExpress Chi-Fi bling.
I'm very interested in such an all-in-one transportable. The LPGT is great, but lacks power for some of my gear and streaming can't be done natively. I also work from home and have an office in the attic, but often end up working in the living room to have the company (read: distraction) of my dog. Currently, I have the Violectric V226 as a desktop solution, but it means constantly dealing with the cables and clearing it off the dinner table once I am done working. With Mjölnir it would be much easier to set up my "desk" for the day, wherever I feel like working.

That, and I am very curious to hear what Lotoo has been capable of achieving with their first desktop product.

Apr 6, 2023 at 9:20 AM Post #66 of 685

Exactly my feeling too. Plus, I find it much easier to buy, sell, and experiment with separate components for DAC and amp, let alone DAP, functions. I generally prefer stuff that does one step in the audio chain super well.

Apr 11, 2023 at 3:27 AM Post #68 of 685
There is little discussion because this is a prototype and nobody knows the final product?

20,000 is horribly overpriced for cookie cutter specifications*, unless that is Hong Kong Dollars, which is different

Google says the futures price for titanium is way less than gold, silver, steel, iron ore, lithium, platinum but above copper

*implementation is everything and I can believe Lotoo's pedigree means this will shoot to the top on SQ rating

Apr 11, 2023 at 11:08 AM Post #69 of 685
It is not supposed to be 20.000 $ but « only » 8000 $ !!

Apr 12, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #70 of 685
I’m very interested in the Mjolnir although I would likely have to fund it by selling my LPGT Ti. I love the design cues suggesting Nagra. Back in my speaker system days, I used a pair of Nagra VPA tube amps with my Wilson Watt/Puppy 6 loudspeakers to beautiful effect.

I do wonder why on an $8K product, Lotoo is indicating the use of an AKM 4499 DAC instead of the flagship 4499x. I also wonder whether Lotoo will go with a single DAC vs separate DACs for each channel. I do understand the released info is preliminary, so perhaps we’ll see some updates to the components used inside.

1681317066923.jpeg

Last edited:
Apr 15, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #71 of 685
According to Lotoo's Facebook page, the Mjolnir will be demonstrated at the TPAF Taïwan Culture Festival, and then at the Tokyo Headphone Show, with a new motherboard.
We hope to have some listening impressions.

Capture d’écran 2023-04-15 à 12.43.22.png

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 12:19 PM Post #74 of 685
So... no listening impressions from Tokyo Headphone Show or from TPAF2023 ? No new specs published ! ;-(

Apr 28, 2023 at 2:29 PM Post #75 of 685
https://www.facebook.com/hashtag/春のヘッドフォン祭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back