New top Lotoo Mjolnir
Jan 8, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #46 of 685
I got confirmation that, despit numerous requests since the prototype has been showed, there will not be a Tiltling screen. It is too late to change the design :frowning2:

On the other hand when they wrote me " It will support streaming services such as Roon and AirPlay as well as a Lotoo exclusive wireless technology. »., I really wonder what is this " Lotoo exclusive wireless technology." ?? Any idea what it could be ?

Jan 8, 2023 at 1:36 PM Post #47 of 685
I got confirmation that, despit numerous requests since the prototype has been showed, there will not be a Tiltling screen. It is too late to change the design :frowning2:

On the other hand when they wrote me " It will support streaming services such as Roon and AirPlay as well as a Lotoo exclusive wireless technology. »., I really wonder what is this " Lotoo exclusive wireless technology." ?? Any idea what it could be ?
Maybe a Lotoo-exclusive app. Probably similar to Hiby with their own player (but the Hiby player is not exclusive). Lotoo might have developed an exclusive streaming app for their OS.

Jan 8, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #50 of 685
Could also be a higher res proprietary wireless protocol like HiBy’s UAT.
OK, but a device using a "proprietary protocol" need to communicate with another device using the same "proprietary protocol" ! So, if Mjolnir uses a "proprietary protocol", what hardware will be able to be used with ??

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2023 at 11:15 PM Post #51 of 685
I think think it is portable but more transportable. The handle you see is to give it a Nagra field recorder look.
The two companies have a long history together.

LB_front_-copy.jpg
well look at there...once Hifi Rose made that Nagra amp homage...now everyone is on the bandwagon for a statement rig.

Jan 16, 2023 at 11:18 PM Post #52 of 685
I can read WLAN Address..... So it has WIFI :) :) Thus Streaming is possible... :)

Lotoo WLAN Adress.png
it better have wifi at that price or its a waste of money and tech

Jan 17, 2023 at 12:15 AM Post #53 of 685
well look at there...once Hifi Rose made that Nagra amp homage...now everyone is on the bandwagon for a statement rig.
Major difference is Lotoo (infomedia, parent company) have a long history with Nagra. They were the OEM for Nagra and actually did lot of their R&D.

Jan 30, 2023 at 3:15 AM Post #54 of 685
Maybe a Lotoo-exclusive app. Probably similar to Hiby with their own player (but the Hiby player is not exclusive). Lotoo might have developed an exclusive streaming app for their OS.
Yes, it would be necessary to have an app to control the main player functions remotely.

Feb 2, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #55 of 685
Yes, it would be necessary to have an app to control the main player functions remotely.
Such an app will be a great addition, and will definitively position the Mjolnir as a home music server in addition to also being a great transportable DAP... :wink:

BTW here is a new picture from Lotoo's facebook page. It help to realize the size difference with a standard pocktable DAP ! :

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2023-02-01 à 19.40.58.png
    Capture d’écran 2023-02-01 à 19.40.58.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Feb 23, 2023 at 8:13 AM Post #58 of 685
For anyone interested, Lotoo told me that they will have a Mjölnir prototype available to demo at the @MusicTeck table (B4-B7) at Canjam NYC.

Mjölnir is not quite in the final production version yet, but is already looking very, very good:
Ti and Mjolnir 1.jpg

Ti and Mjolnir 2.jpg

Feb 25, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #59 of 685

Users who are viewing this thread

Back