New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 12, 2022 at 11:57 AM Post #9,136 of 9,409
At this point... note I don't use streaming....and your post is slightly confusing.... I would erase the entire internal memory by doing a full factory reset back to just the operating system. If you've got a micro card in it, remove it first. Then set up the SP1000 and place some (non-Tidal) files in Internal and see what memory says. Then reinstall Tidal and see if you can get it to work. If the SP throws up a no space alert, Tidal is the issue.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:50 AM Post #9,137 of 9,409
At the moment Tidal is Frozen. Stuck at 750 tracks to go in downloadque.
Opening the app starts with normal screen. Then message: Tidal is not responding. You can chooce wait OR stop.
Then Tidal chuts down.
I did factory reset without unmounting microSD card (I was so frustrated, didn't thing of it), this didn't effect the SD content.
At this moment no message of any kind about no memory space.
Just a strange memory count in system info.

Attachments

• 20220413_070726~2.JPG
    20220413_070726~2.JPG
    304.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 2:53 AM Post #9,138 of 9,409
227 Total space? It had 256gb internal memory. That means system takes 29 gb!
Total content is more that 256gb.

It doesn't add up

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #9,139 of 9,409
Again (and you can't fix this until you follow each step and figure out where the problem is):

1. Remove MicroCard and do a FULL SYSTEM RESTORE. Totally clear all files and leave only a clean OS.
2. Setup device WITHOUT ADDING ANYTHING (especially to Tidal!!!!!)
3. SP1000 OS should now be clean, with no music files at all.
4. ADD A COUPLE OF MP3 OR FLAC FILES TO MUSIC FOLDER. Do it manually from a computer.
5. Take a look at memory. You should have over 200GB available. Do the music files show up?

If all looks good as per above, if possible install a fresh version of Tidal. DOWNLOAD NO FILES FROM IT!!!! IF YOU HAVE A BLOATED TIDAL FULL OF FILES, DELETE THEM ALL ON TIDAL!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE NO DOWNLOADABLE FILES ON TIDAL AT THIS POINT.

6. Can you play remote files from Tidal? Can you play the MP3 or FLAC files you previously added?

Yes? The SP is fine.

Remember, the SP DEMANDS THAT FILES GO IN THE CORRECT PLACES, AND IF YOU HAVE THE WRONG KIND OF FILES OR PUT THINGS IN THE WRONG PLACES IT WON'T LIKE IT.

Now you say you are trying to add downloadable files from Tidal? I don't use it, but what are the files and where do they go on the SP? First, wipe whatever version of Tidal you have of all the downloadable files you seem to have accumulated. You need to stop trying to download everything at once. Start fresh.

Try adding a few downloadable files from Tidal (DO NOT TRY A MASS DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!). Just add a few files on Tidal and then see if the SP will accept them. If it does, try a few more files. Check memory and add up the numbers. If you can, see where they are being placed on the SP. Stop trying to download mass amounts, it will only make you more frustrated.

If it's now working, slowly add 10-20 files at a time. Keep checking the memory.

You don't say if you use a Mac or PC. Or are you (can you?) do all of this on the device? Using a computer gives you more control and lets you see where things are going inside the SP. Again, trying to load things to the wrong place can lead to big issues.

Go slow, check after each try, watch your memory to be sure it lines up with what you are downloading.

If none of this works, then the issue is clearly with Tidal.

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2022 at 2:09 PM Post #9,140 of 9,409
Hello Olddude,

I’am busy with this for 3 weeks now. What I forgot to mention was that before this trouble started. The Sp1000 lost all his artist/album index data. The were gone at startup. In folder view all the files on the 1 tb microsd card where still there and selectable and played well.
All files were found again during media scan automaticly thoug.
I think I did all steps you descibed several times. Not in your exact order. But I am afraid that wen I start all over again, I end up with the same problem again as the off line content start to get big again.
I asked Tidal to add a tool to rebuild off line content indextable without deleting 140 gb of data.

Thanks for you detailed respons though.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:26 PM Post #9,141 of 9,409
Again (and you can't fix this until you follow each step and figure out where the problem is):

1. Remove MicroCard and do a FULL SYSTEM RESTORE. Totally clear all files and leave only a clean OS.
2. Setup device WITHOUT ADDING ANYTHING (especially to Tidal!!!!!)
3. SP1000 OS should now be clean, with no music files at all.
4. ADD A COUPLE OF MP3 OR FLAC FILES TO MUSIC FOLDER. Do it manually from a computer.
5. Take a look at memory. You should have over 200GB available. Do the music files show up?

If all looks good as per above, if possible install a fresh version of Tidal. DOWNLOAD NO FILES FROM IT!!!! IF YOU HAVE A BLOATED TIDAL FULL OF FILES, DELETE THEM ALL ON TIDAL!!! YOU SHOULD HAVE NO DOWNLOADABLE FILES ON TIDAL AT THIS POINT.

6. Can you play remote files from Tidal? Can you play the MP3 or FLAC files you previously added?

Yes? The SP is fine.

Remember, the SP DEMANDS THAT FILES GO IN THE CORRECT PLACES, AND IF YOU HAVE THE WRONG KIND OF FILES OR PUT THINGS IN THE WRONG PLACES IT WON'T LIKE IT.

Now you say you are trying to add downloadable files from Tidal? I don't use it, but what are the files and where do they go on the SP? First, wipe whatever version of Tidal you have of all the downloadable files you seem to have accumulated. You need to stop trying to download everything at once. Start fresh.

Try adding a few downloadable files from Tidal (DO NOT TRY A MASS DOWNLOAD!!!!!!!!). Just add a few files on Tidal and then see if the SP will accept them. If it does, try a few more files. Check memory and add up the numbers. If you can, see where they are being placed on the SP. Stop trying to download mass amounts, it will only make you more frustrated.

If it's now working, slowly add 10-20 files at a time. Keep checking the memory.

You don't say if you use a Mac or PC. Or are you (can you?) do all of this on the device? Using a computer gives you more control and lets you see where things are going inside the SP. Again, trying to load things to the wrong place can lead to big issues.

Go slow, check after each try, watch your memory to be sure it lines up with what you are downloading.

If none of this works, then the issue is clearly with Tidal.
On my computer I can’t see in finder were Tidal leaves the offline content. All files were in the appropriate folder. Tidal apk put in the OpenService folder and installed by the A&K.

Apr 13, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #9,142 of 9,409
I'm out of ideas. Actually, a couple more. If you are on a Mac, you might have a lot of hidden files populating the AK. If you are, do a search for "how to remove Mac hidden files." And, if your Internal files "disappeared," only to reappear after a scan, you might have a corruption leading to memory filling up.

Try my steps in the EXACT ORDER I listed them.

Did you actually delete everything on your SP? And then reinstall whatever (non-Tidal) music files you had? It sort of sounds like you've got stuff in there that you can't see but the player does. Again, if you have nothing in the AK and Tidal still runs out of room, either the Tidal files are bigger than they claim or there's an issue with the AK.

Apr 14, 2022 at 2:45 AM Post #9,143 of 9,409
Yesterday, I downloaded files by Ak connect from my Nas
Content counter up, removed Them again. Memory was freed again.
Added files were found automaticly by a&k.

Tidal install in OpenService install is very slow, and streaming Music starts slow, plays interrupted, stops playing. Then message that Tidal is not responding. When you choose wait, Tidal stops

Apr 14, 2022 at 7:42 AM Post #9,144 of 9,409
I'm out of ideas. Actually, a couple more. If you are on a Mac, you might have a lot of hidden files populating the AK. If you are, do a search for "how to remove Mac hidden files." And, if your Internal files "disappeared," only to reappear after a scan, you might have a corruption leading to memory filling up.

Try my steps in the EXACT ORDER I listed them.

Did you actually delete everything on your SP? And then reinstall whatever (non-Tidal) music files you had? It sort of sounds like you've got stuff in there that you can't see but the player does. Again, if you have nothing in the AK and Tidal still runs out of room, either the Tidal files are bigger than they claim or there's an issue with the AK.
At this moment I think the problem is handeling of the buffer memory/cache management of the Tidal app.
It even gives no message of lack of memoryspace. It is Just frozen and later crashes

Apr 22, 2022 at 2:57 AM Post #9,145 of 9,409
Hello. I log into my dizer account and nothing happens. I can not enter. Standard application not working? I installed the latest version of Deezer and everything works. Tell me, does the SP1000 support a flask from a dizer?

Apr 26, 2022 at 8:11 AM Post #9,147 of 9,409
Yesterday I received a email from Tidal support, my ticket was closed due to not responding within 3 days. They didn’t solve my problem which started 6 weeks ago.
They ask for a report generated from developers mode of android. I can’t even see which version we are running, just firmware version.
I am I the only one with OpenService problems of Tidal?
Who was also about 140gb offline data without problems?

Apr 26, 2022 at 8:32 AM Post #9,148 of 9,409
I pm olddude and JasoNYC for this matter

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #9,149 of 9,409
Yesterday I received a email from Tidal support, my ticket was closed due to not responding within 3 days. They didn’t solve my problem which started 6 weeks ago.
They ask for a report generated from developers mode of android. I can’t even see which version we are running, just firmware version.
I am I the only one with OpenService problems of Tidal?
Who was also about 140gb offline data without problems?

I don't know if this helps but the SP1000 runs a customized version of Android 6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back