New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Apr 11, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #8,027 of 9,406
Spotify latest version is still available as apk. You can download from apk pure.
Thank you for this information, but unfortunately, the apkpure.com site does not have a Spotify download, just a link to the Google Play store. Can you provide the instructions that you used to download the apk file from Google Play? I only see an install link on Google Play that allows for installation directly on an Android device.

Apr 11, 2020 at 1:15 PM Post #8,028 of 9,406
Apr 11, 2020 at 1:28 PM Post #8,029 of 9,406
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Apr 15, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #8,032 of 9,406
Whilst this is a great sounding machine the UI is appalling. No way to edit tags (and when i add them though Meta it doesn't come through on the machine) and the album artwork is so random its almost useless. A&K need to design a dedicated file management app (and make it available on Macs) so the machine itself is functional. Android file transfer app is appalling

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:04 AM Post #8,033 of 9,406
I couldn't disagree with you more. AK is universally considered to have the best, or second best after Apple, UI of all DAPs. It's incredibly intuitive. I've had a number of other DAPS, including but not limited to iBasso and Fiio, and the AK UI is a dream comparatively. I'm currently on my 3rd AK, and would never consider going to a different brand.

Why on earth would you want to edit tags on a DAP when you can easily get a free (or payware) Tag Editor and do it on a much larger screen? If you correctly edit tags and embed artwork, there's nothing random at all. If you want a good transfer app, buy yourself Commander One.

Apr 16, 2020 at 12:25 AM Post #8,034 of 9,406
I couldn't disagree with you more. AK is universally considered to have the best, or second best after Apple, UI of all DAPs. It's incredibly intuitive. I've had a number of other DAPS, including but not limited to iBasso and Fiio, and the AK UI is a dream comparatively. I'm currently on my 3rd AK, and would never consider going to a different brand.

Why on earth would you want to edit tags on a DAP when you can easily get a free (or payware) Tag Editor and do it on a much larger screen? If you correctly edit tags and embed artwork, there's nothing random at all. If you want a good transfer app, buy yourself Commander One.
I disagree. I absolutely want to edit tags on DAP without having to involve a computer. The DAP ought to be stand alone and independent of a computer. I travel with a DAP and not a computer.

Apr 16, 2020 at 5:54 AM Post #8,037 of 9,406
none...... This unit has by far the best GUI of any DAP out, period.

Apr 16, 2020 at 6:29 AM Post #8,038 of 9,406
none...... This unit has by far the best GUI of any DAP out, period.
Agreed!
AK has the best of what android has to offer (streaming/storing support) and hides the worst (interface). I can’t stand an OS that makes me feel I’m operating a smartphone. The whole reason to get into DAPs was to get away from my phone to play music and... to get away from it, period!

Apr 16, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #8,039 of 9,406
Agreed!
AK has the best of what android has to offer (streaming/storing support) and hides the worst (interface). I can’t stand an OS that makes me feel I’m operating a smartphone. The whole reason to get into DAPs was to get away from my phone to play music and... to get away from it, period!

Ya. Agreed x2. It’s like when you operate a Sony ZX507 and FiiO M15, definitely the feel is like operating an Android phone.

Apr 16, 2020 at 9:33 AM Post #8,040 of 9,406
So the whole problem is the accuracy of the source. Artist, album artist, disc number tag, different version of tags all gives different readings in your system.
All media-servers have there own way to react on your content by reading your content differently.
I am the lucky owner of an carefully correct tagged music library.
The only problem I had on my ak was with wav files (not able to contain any tag at first), containing tag-fields of a version I was not familiar with. Got rid off them using the tag editor in DB-poweramp. This editor reads all tags and is able to remove the value and the tag-field it self.
Tag-field with or without a value can be the reason why for example cd 1 and cd 2 don’t merge in one album on your dap.
Don’t mess with the the source on your player, just get your source wright.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back