New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Dec 22, 2019 at 9:21 PM Post #7,637 of 9,411
Yup, its working fine for me as well. I just signed up for Qobuz, had been using Tidal. But the $14.99 price was compelling enough instead of $19.99 and seeing the content I like being similar, I made the switched.

Dec 23, 2019 at 4:31 AM Post #7,638 of 9,411
Hi folks,

quick question:

I have a lot of vintage CDs that I don't have on my Sp1k all the time. I therefore consider buying a CD player. Nothing fancy.
I wish to connect it to my SP1k as an external DAC.... however, most players come with optical, coaxial or HDMI output.
The SP1k features only a USB-C input, right?

Any idea how I could go about this problem?

Dec 23, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #7,639 of 9,411
This new firmware 1.41 makes my SP1000M starts very quickly. Have you noticed that?

Dec 23, 2019 at 9:26 AM Post #7,640 of 9,411
Hi folks,
noob questions to any sp1k/sp1km users:
- any problems with cue files?
- gapless mode is real "gapless" or with slight clicks between the tracks?
- cue and dsd files are readable directly from folder or it is necessary to move from some section of menu?

Thanks!

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:39 AM Post #7,641 of 9,411
Gapless should only click if you switch from one format to another (FLAC to DSD, say). DSD files play from folders. Don't use cue files so.... However, check the AK menu when plugged into your computer. Is there a cue folder there in the internal menu?

Dec 23, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #7,644 of 9,411
SP1000 and cue sheets - DAP can see and play cue sheets.

So start from main menu then go to Album and you will see all albums sorted from A to Z by Album name. You will see all your cue sheets albums there (there is a menu button there named CUE, you have to enable it).

I would prefer to see cue sheets under Artist menu but no such option (or I don't know how to enable it).

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2019 at 6:07 PM Post #7,645 of 9,411
I finally got amazon music ultra hd working on my sp1000m. It sounds spectacular. Much more depth and dynamic than tidal masters on the same tracks. And I much prefer the interface to tidal. My tidal subscription days may be numbered.

Dec 23, 2019 at 6:30 PM Post #7,646 of 9,411
I finally got amazon music ultra hd working on my sp1000m. It sounds spectacular. Much more depth and dynamic than tidal masters on the same tracks. And I much prefer the interface to tidal. My tidal subscription days may be numbered.

Care to share with us how you did it? I cancelled my subscription because I can’t find any way to use Amazon HD except for their app.

Dec 23, 2019 at 10:18 PM Post #7,647 of 9,411
Hi folks,

quick question:

I have a lot of vintage CDs that I don't have on my Sp1k all the time. I therefore consider buying a CD player. Nothing fancy.
I wish to connect it to my SP1k as an external DAC.... however, most players come with optical, coaxial or HDMI output.
The SP1k features only a USB-C input, right?

Any idea how I could go about this problem?
Right.
Buy an AK Ripper.

Dec 23, 2019 at 11:25 PM Post #7,649 of 9,411
Care to share with us how you did it? I cancelled my subscription because I can’t find any way to use Amazon HD except for their app.
Nothing special. I updated my sp1000m when the new firmware came out the other week and then today loaded up the latest version of amazon music downloaded from apkpure and lo and behold it is working great, no endless blue spinning wheel. Been downloading ultra hd content for offline no problem (unlike my what my experience was like with qobuz), and it sounds fantastic. It looks like the version of amazon music I downloaded was released on Dec 15 (app version 16.5.7).

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2019 at 5:25 AM Post #7,650 of 9,411
@S Crowther and @ksalno
Thank you for your comments. But as I was saying, I have vintage CDs which I don’t want to have in my digital library.

I was asking if someone has connected their CD player to their DAP because I would like to use the physical disc in those cases but still like to benefit from the internal DAC of the sp1k

Users who are viewing this thread

Back