New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Sep 9, 2019 at 1:55 PM Post #7,081 of 9,411
My SPKM will not switch between wireless access points (WAP). When my SPKM's WiFi is turned on, it will recognize the nearest WAP, but it will not switch to another one as I move around my house. My WiFi network consists of an AirPort Extreme and 2 AirPort Expresses. My other wireless devices (including a Chord Poly) have no problem switching between WAPs. I've tried both a soft reset and a full reset on my SPKM. I'm pretty positive that the SPKM did switch between WAPs a while back, so it is possible that this might be caused by firmware update. I'm currently on v1.20CM.

Any one else having this problem? Any solutions??

thanks!

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #7,082 of 9,411
Roon again...

I just got lost in music yesterday night. I sat with my iPad and some earpods and wanted to listen to an album whilst reading a book. Then, I noticed a link to a "similar" artist I wasn't aware about. So the journey began :) ... four hours later I finished and found several promising gems I added to my library (mostly from Qobuz). I was deeply relaxed :)

The whole thing feels like in the old days. Be it a LP on a turntable, the cover in my hand. Or me being in my favorite LP store trying to discover my next favorite, for hours. Roon and iPad with its big interface makes all this possible. The sky (Qobuz/Tidal) is the limit.

While I appreciated these timeless hours, it though reminded me that something is still missing. The sound quality of my SPK/A18t combo whilst using Roon. Something I am anticipating since A&K announced compatibility to be available "soon".

Is it still on A&K's list?

Sep 10, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #7,083 of 9,411
Roon again...

I just got lost in music yesterday night. I sat with my iPad and some earpods and wanted to listen to an album whilst reading a book. Then, I noticed a link to a "similar" artist I wasn't aware about. So the journey began :) ... four hours later I finished and found several promising gems I added to my library (mostly from Qobuz). I was deeply relaxed :)

The whole thing feels like in the old days. Be it a LP on a turntable, the cover in my hand. Or me being in my favorite LP store trying to discover my next favorite, for hours. Roon and iPad with its big interface makes all this possible. The sky (Qobuz/Tidal) is the limit.

While I appreciated these timeless hours, it though reminded me that something is still missing. The sound quality of my SPK/A18t combo whilst using Roon. Something I am anticipating since A&K announced compatibility to be available "soon".

Still working on it. Will share more info once I have it.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Sep 10, 2019 at 10:38 AM Post #7,085 of 9,411
Roon again...

Roon is awesome, isn't it?

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #7,087 of 9,411
Hello there. New owner of a SP1000 SS and SP1000 amp. Cant wait to have them with me. Do you guys know what is the best review or video I need to see to let me understand everything the SP1000 is capable to do?

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #7,088 of 9,411
Hello there. New owner of a SP1000 SS and SP1000 amp. Cant wait to have them with me. Do you guys know what is the best review or video I need to see to let me understand everything the SP1000 is capable to do?
Just do a Google search there are tons of reviews out there, even utube

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:22 PM Post #7,089 of 9,411
Just do a Google search there are tons of reviews out there, even utube
Well thanks. But the idea of the post is to pick sugestions of wich one have more details and show all the potencial, instead of look all of them.

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #7,090 of 9,411
Well thanks. But the idea of the post is to pick sugestions of wich one have more details and show all the potencial, instead of look all of them.
So we have to do your research for you? Ok let work on it boss...

Sep 10, 2019 at 12:32 PM Post #7,091 of 9,411
So we have to do your research for you? Ok let work on it boss...
No, just a help for the more experience ones that probably saw all of them or have the SP1000 time enough to know which review is the best. Dont wanna help, ok. Dont need bitching here.

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:52 PM Post #7,092 of 9,411
No, just a help for the more experience ones that probably saw all of them or have the SP1000 time enough to know which review is the best. Dont wanna help, ok. Dont need bitching here.

Hey boss! :wink:
I’d recommend headphonia and twister6, consistently helpful points of view in my experience...

Sep 10, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #7,093 of 9,411
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #7,094 of 9,411
Sep 10, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #7,095 of 9,411

Users who are viewing this thread

Back