New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Mar 2, 2019 at 8:01 PM Post #5,600 of 9,409
I ordered their truth cable on ditaaudio website before but I am not sure if oslo cable is out yet.
twister probably got this as a bribery pack :)

#lifeofreviewer :D

I can find out when/where it will be available for sale; as of now I believe Music Sanctuary in SGP will be one of the first to have it.

Mar 2, 2019 at 9:36 PM Post #5,601 of 9,409
Hey guys, does anyone know how to enable MQA with the SP1000SS in Audivarna? My menu says "No MQA device connected". Also, if anyone else here uses Audivarna I was wondering if they could recommend me good settings on it as well as on the SP1000 device itself to get the best audio experience.

Mar 3, 2019 at 11:58 AM Post #5,605 of 9,409
Quick question:
I just got audivarna and I was wondering if the "DOP" setting on my SP1000 is essentially DoP. I've heard DoP is "better quality" than PCM mode, so I just wanted to confirm this.
DoP is for DSD streaming. Are you asking if DSD is better than PCM?

Mar 3, 2019 at 10:32 PM Post #5,606 of 9,409
When playing with the tidal apk app has anyone experienced the following?

With the screen off when I use the skip buttons on the side it skips forward 4 or 5 tracks. When the screen is o It skips forward one track. Is this a known issue? Is there a remedy for this?

Mar 4, 2019 at 2:39 AM Post #5,607 of 9,409
I’d love to hear the gold Sp1000m and compare it to the WM1Z, but there aren’t any around at the moment.

Incidentally, is there any reason A&K didn’t include a BT receive mode in these products? It would be sooo convenient.
+1, anyone?

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 8:38 AM Post #5,610 of 9,409
You answered the first question, and yes, i'm wondering if DSD is better :)

Not better, not worse :). Just different :)
This is huge topic. It is just different kind of saving music.
If you have DSD and PCM (FLAC, WAV) files of the same album release, give it a go and compare. The important thing is: the same album release!

I don't hear the difference between these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back