1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by Toolman, May 15, 2017.
First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382
Next

Last
  1. 2002tiiguy
    @JasonNYC hey, when using the cd ripper, is there any benefit to ripping at normal speed?

2. orifiel
    I bought my SP1000 in November 2018 (from the page of Astell&Kern USA),It has approximately 150 hours of use...days ago the touch screen did not respond in some moments, today when I was transferring files with the android file transfer the screen shut down, i tried to reset the player (press the on/off button for 20 sec) but it has no response (before the issue the battery had approximately 70% charge).
    The DAP is dead, with normal use, very careful use (apparently like new)...
    what´s happened with A&K?? with my AK240 and AK380 i was never had an issue before...It is very disappointing

please help...:disappointed_relieved:

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  3. Hawaiibadboy Contributor
    20190225_211429.jpg

USB is working fine.

CreditingKarma and korvin12 like this.
  4. CreditingKarma
    It would only be a concern if you want to charge the dap at the same time. Otherwise USB out works perfectly.

5. olddude
    Plug it in to ac, give it five minutes, push the round button once and see if the large battery indicator on the screen lights up. If it doesn't, let it sit for an hour plugged in and try again. If still no response, it sounds like it died and you'll need to send it in for repair.

6. orifiel
    Ok, i’m trying...
    Thanks for your help...
    If this doesn’t work i contact the customer service...
    What a shame...

7. orifiel
    Nope...it doesn’t help
    @JasonNYC has something to say?

8. DeepSouth
    Orifiel, do you have a different USB C cable and/or charger to try?
    On my iphone, I regularly run into a bad charger OR a bad cable.
    On my SP1000 CU I've seen a few quirks. Sometimes I see 100% battery after a couple hours of use, then it dies at a fast rate.
    I've also seen my sp1000 CU fail to fall asleep many times.
    I have a wall charger with USB and USB-C built in. The USB-C doesn't charge my sp1000 from dead. It cycles the screen on and off. It's like it gets enough juice to power the screen, but not enough juice to keep the screen on and charge the battery.

9. orifiel
    The cable is the original one, and the battery charge is 70% when the screen dies, no image of the battery when i plug it, but the DAP is warm when is in the plug...
    The buttons don’t react to any command the screen is only black
    It doesn’t turn on

10. JasonNYC
    @orifiel sent you a PM

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
  11. stefzulj
    Sounds exactly like what happened to me with my A&futura SE100 (which was less than a week old) and at least two other members here that I can remember. A bit concerning at this price point.

12. orifiel
    Somebody solved this problem without sending the player to repair service?

13. dhc0329
    I really wish AK has repair center in US. Last time I had an issue they did eventually take care the issue but took too long to receive my device back
    as they had to send the device back to Korea. I believe they do loan the device while your device is in repair with a security deposit.

quantumrush likes this.
  14. olddude
    They've got a center in Irvine (Los Angeles) across the street from Ultimate Ears but I don't know if they do repairs there. I believe that is where Jason is located.

15. stefzulj
    Nope. I'm quite certain that it's a hardware failure, perhaps the battery, but definitely needs to be sent in for repair/replacement.

First

Back
362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371
373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382
Next

Last