New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:31 AM Post #5,567 of 9,409
I bought my SP1000 in November 2018 (from the page of Astell&Kern USA),It has approximately 150 hours of use...days ago the touch screen did not respond in some moments, today when I was transferring files with the android file transfer the screen shut down, i tried to reset the player (press the on/off button for 20 sec) but it has no response (before the issue the battery had approximately 70% charge).
The DAP is dead, with normal use, very careful use (apparently like new)...
what´s happened with A&K?? with my AK240 and AK380 i was never had an issue before...It is very disappointing

please help...:disappointed_relieved:

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #5,568 of 9,409
You also loose the optical out on the spkm versions. If you plan to use this as a source for another dac like the Hugo TT2.

20190225_211429.jpg

USB is working fine.

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #5,569 of 9,409
Mar 1, 2019 at 10:01 AM Post #5,570 of 9,409
I bought my SP1000 in November 2018 (from the page of Astell&Kern USA),It has approximately 150 hours of use...days ago the touch screen did not respond in some moments, today when I was transferring files with the android file transfer the screen shut down, i tried to reset the player (press the on/off button for 20 sec) but it has no response (before the issue the battery had approximately 70% charge).
The DAP is dead, with normal use, very careful use (apparently like new)...
what´s happened with A&K?? with my AK240 and AK380 i was never had an issue before...It is very disappointing

please help...:disappointed_relieved:
Plug it in to ac, give it five minutes, push the round button once and see if the large battery indicator on the screen lights up. If it doesn't, let it sit for an hour plugged in and try again. If still no response, it sounds like it died and you'll need to send it in for repair.

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:48 AM Post #5,571 of 9,409
Plug it in to ac, give it five minutes, push the round button once and see if the large battery indicator on the screen lights up. If it doesn't, let it sit for an hour plugged in and try again. If still no response, it sounds like it died and you'll need to send it in for repair.

Ok, i’m trying...
Thanks for your help...
If this doesn’t work i contact the customer service...
What a shame...

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:14 PM Post #5,572 of 9,409
Ok, i’m trying...
Thanks for your help...
If this doesn’t work i contact the customer service...
What a shame...

Nope...it doesn’t help
@JasonNYC has something to say?

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #5,573 of 9,409
Nope...it doesn’t help
@JasonNYC has something to say?
Orifiel, do you have a different USB C cable and/or charger to try?
On my iphone, I regularly run into a bad charger OR a bad cable.
On my SP1000 CU I've seen a few quirks. Sometimes I see 100% battery after a couple hours of use, then it dies at a fast rate.
I've also seen my sp1000 CU fail to fall asleep many times.
I have a wall charger with USB and USB-C built in. The USB-C doesn't charge my sp1000 from dead. It cycles the screen on and off. It's like it gets enough juice to power the screen, but not enough juice to keep the screen on and charge the battery.

Mar 1, 2019 at 1:17 PM Post #5,574 of 9,409
Orifiel, do you have a different USB C cable and/or charger to try?
On my iphone, I regularly run into a bad charger OR a bad cable.
On my SP1000 CU I've seen a few quirks. Sometimes I see 100% battery after a couple hours of use, then it dies at a fast rate.
I've also seen my sp1000 CU fail to fall asleep many times.
I have a wall charger with USB and USB-C built in. The USB-C doesn't charge my sp1000 from dead. It cycles the screen on and off. It's like it gets enough juice to power the screen, but not enough juice to keep the screen on and charge the battery.
The cable is the original one, and the battery charge is 70% when the screen dies, no image of the battery when i plug it, but the DAP is warm when is in the plug...
The buttons don’t react to any command the screen is only black
It doesn’t turn on

Mar 1, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #5,576 of 9,409
The cable is the original one, and the battery charge is 70% when the screen dies, no image of the battery when i plug it, but the DAP is warm when is in the plug...
The buttons don’t react to any command the screen is only black
It doesn’t turn on

Sounds exactly like what happened to me with my A&futura SE100 (which was less than a week old) and at least two other members here that I can remember. A bit concerning at this price point.

Mar 1, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #5,577 of 9,409
Sounds exactly like what happened to me with my A&futura SE100 (which was less than a week old) and at least two other members here that I can remember. A bit concerning at this price point.

Somebody solved this problem without sending the player to repair service?

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:13 PM Post #5,578 of 9,409
I really wish AK has repair center in US. Last time I had an issue they did eventually take care the issue but took too long to receive my device back
as they had to send the device back to Korea. I believe they do loan the device while your device is in repair with a security deposit.

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:22 PM Post #5,579 of 9,409
They've got a center in Irvine (Los Angeles) across the street from Ultimate Ears but I don't know if they do repairs there. I believe that is where Jason is located.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back