New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
May 29, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #8,266 of 9,411
That's very useful to know! But actually it's another problem that I am trying to solve. So, my mac is connected to an audio interface (Mackie), which I normally use for sound in and out. The Mackie, in turn, is connected to my speakers. Now, I want to use these speakers to play music that is on my DAP using the DAP’s DAC module. I know I could use a mixer but I don't have one here. So I was wondering if I could do something like this:
Mac sound input: SP1000
Mac sound output: audio interface

I seem to be able to set the SP1000 as sound output but not as sound input.
What do you mean by "audio interface"? what product exactly do you have? If you want to use your sp1000 as a DAC, you need to connect it to your audio system via an amplifier. If it is some kind of receiver or whatever, then you need to look if it has an option of "just amplification" mode (this should be from the different input).

May 29, 2020 at 4:17 PM Post #8,267 of 9,411
I saw : the application DS Audio does that!
Did you already install Audio Station on your Nas? I am not very fond of remote access. Security is something to look into carefully before you open ports to the World Wide Web.
Then you have to install the DS Audio App on your A&K.

Question: can you find DS Audio apk? Is the DS Audio app accepted by A&K to be played in the Open Service function?
How do you reach out to your remote media Server? I don't know wether you can adress a remote ip adres in the DS Audio app. Easiest is to try this on an iPad. All Synology apps are in the App-store.

May 29, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #8,268 of 9,411
Did you already install Audio Station on your Nas? I am not very fond of remote access. Security is something to look into carefully before you open ports to the World Wide Web.
Then you have to install the DS Audio App on your A&K.

Question: can you find DS Audio apk? Is the DS Audio app accepted by A&K to be played in the Open Service function?
How do you reach out to your remote media Server? I don't know wether you can adress a remote ip adres in the DS Audio app. Easiest is to try this on an iPad. All Synology apps are in the App-store.
Yes I have instalked DS audio application on my sp1000 and could listen to my music located in the NAS, even from outside

May 30, 2020 at 12:06 PM Post #8,269 of 9,411
Are there any issues in the Bluetooth known in the 1.52c firmware? While playing music in AK connect from my Synology Nas, I switched on the Bluetooth in settings, found one device then a instand reboot occured.
After the automatically start up the SP1000 crashed again. After the second instand reboot I managed to switch off Bluetooth while starting up. System kept playing as usual.

May 31, 2020 at 12:13 PM Post #8,271 of 9,411
Any good charger for a SP1000m?

Recieving my baby next week.

For my SP1000, I use the stock cable and a Samsung fast charger plug that I use with my Note 9, works pretty well.

Congrats on the pickup!

May 31, 2020 at 12:22 PM Post #8,272 of 9,411
Thanks mate!

Really excited!

Like this one?
Capture+_2020-05-31-18-23-11.png

Last edited:
May 31, 2020 at 12:26 PM Post #8,273 of 9,411
Thanks mate!

Really excited!

Like this one?

Also, a lot of people don't know this but if you're gonna stick a micro SD into the SP1000m and play music locally on there, you must format the micro SD card on the player itself first via system settings to get the best optimization for playback from the card. Music loads up faster and smoother and Media Sync on every bootup will be fast.

I did not know this when I had my SP1000m!

May 31, 2020 at 5:35 PM Post #8,275 of 9,411
Also, a lot of people don't know this but if you're gonna stick a micro SD into the SP1000m and play music locally on there, you must format the micro SD card on the player itself first via system settings to get the best optimization for playback from the card. Music loads up faster and smoother and Media Sync on every bootup will be fast.

I did not know this when I had my SP1000m!

Great to know! Didn't know.

Thx!

May 31, 2020 at 6:57 PM Post #8,276 of 9,411
That's very useful to know! But actually it's another problem that I am trying to solve. So, my mac is connected to an audio interface (Mackie), which I normally use for sound in and out. The Mackie, in turn, is connected to my speakers. Now, I want to use these speakers to play music that is on my DAP using the DAP’s DAC module. I know I could use a mixer but I don't have one here. So I was wondering if I could do something like this:
Mac sound input: SP1000
Mac sound output: audio interface

I seem to be able to set the SP1000 as sound output but not as sound input.
Just use 3,5 mm jack line cable into headphone out of your dap to your computer analoge line-in.
Set output volume low at first (you can switch your dap to line-out, but when you have forgotten this and put headphone in....), you can also adjust sensitivity of computer line-in when distortion occurs.
I think your dap s dac is better then the computer. (I don’t know whether your computer soundboard use its dac again, in this setup)
When the sound has to be good, play your computer on battery. Not on netadapter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back