New TOL A&K DAP : the AK Ultima SP1000
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #4,276 of 9,409
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a new issue from the latest firmware or has been an issue for a while. I seem to lose my secure Wifi Networks I add manually. To clarify, I mean networks that don't show up on wifi broadcast and that I have to add manually. I don't have any issues connecting to them, but whenever I reset my device I seem to have to add them again.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:28 AM Post #4,277 of 9,409
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this is a new issue from the latest firmware or has been an issue for a while. I seem to lose my secure Wifi Networks I add manually. To clarify, I mean networks that don't show up on wifi broadcast and that I have to add manually. I don't have any issues connecting to them, but whenever I reset my device I seem to have to add them again.
@Omega139 Wifi settings should save when turning the unit on or off, but do not save if the device has been reset.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Oct 22, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #4,278 of 9,409
Thanks!

Also, does anyone know a way to somehow keep posted on new updates to the Tidal APK, or perhaps even have the SP1000 automatically update it?

I find it tedious to have to check the apk website for updates.

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:38 AM Post #4,279 of 9,409
@JasonNYC could you tell me what is best voltage setting for output sp1k to ext amp?
I read on the produc's box and find A&K given THD+N at 1.0V.
Is that smallest measurment result(so I will select that level)?

Oct 22, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #4,280 of 9,409
Thanks!

Also, does anyone know a way to somehow keep posted on new updates to the Tidal APK, or perhaps even have the SP1000 automatically update it?

Stock tidal can be update via menu. (I dont remember with or w/o notify).
Tidal which install in open service will be install by flashing app only

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #4,282 of 9,409
Hmm...what do you mean by flashing app.
Like android smartphone when using a data cable to connect to PC for flashing a firmware years ago (parallel with OTA method). I push apk file by data cable from smartphone direct to sp1k internal memory but I couldnt success even it accessed to sp1k's memory. Somehow pc can do it with the same cabe

Oct 22, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #4,283 of 9,409
Thanks!

To answer your question, there is no way to do it automatically from SPK because you are not running Google Play that pushes updates. What I would recommend, assuming you have Tidal already installed on your smartphone, is to pay attention whenever you get an update from Google Play or iTunes Store on your phone, and then go and get the latest apk to sideload on SPK.

Oct 22, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #4,286 of 9,409
@JasonNYC could you tell me what is best voltage setting for output sp1k to ext amp?
I read on the produc's box and find A&K given THD+N at 1.0V.
Is that smallest measurment result(so I will select that level)?
I am toggling between 1v and 1.25v line out.
I am using mass Kobo 424 balanced portable amplifier with sp1000cu and LCD i4 .
I have realised lately that sp 1000 balanced output does not do justice to LCD i4.

Oct 22, 2018 at 6:07 PM Post #4,288 of 9,409
@Kenneth Galang

I was able to do it with 1.08 but not able to do it anymore after firmware 1.10 (see my other message)
The file transfer hangs somehow when it's bigger than 4000
I needed a 2 big Playlists because i splitted my library in 2 to fit on Internal memory and SD card.
The music manager called Music bee can sync my library from a playlist and send it to a device
See my current playlist aaaa has 3500 files in it.

20181023_000429.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2018 at 3:37 PM Post #4,289 of 9,409
SQ,,,
Ok being patient with reviews, updates etc...
Yes way to early but sq , as compared to sp1000,
How’s new m,, sq only, any early thoughts
Ok I’m having another beer relax enjoy lol,
Cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back