New to the whole headphone thing.
Jan 6, 2011 at 12:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Robinsponge

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm new on these forums so hello.

I was going to get the Grado sr60i's but was discouraged by the fact that they're open-backed as I'd be using them on public transport/at college etc. 

at the moment it looks like these: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SHURE-SRH440-PROFESSIONAL-STUDIO-DJ-HEADPHONES-BOXED-UK-/170580053940?pt=UK_AudioVisualElectronics_HomeAudioHiFi_Headphones&hash=item27b75d0fb4#ht_2694wt_932

So any other suggestions? I am looking to spend about £75 max.
lastly, do the Ebay ones look legit? 'cause the "Genuine Shure" bit put me off a little...

any help'd be great :D 

Robin. 

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:18 PM Post #2 of 4

Welcome to Head-Fi!

Grados are open. A LOT of the better cans seem to be open and I think it's because it requires ingenuity to overcome the challenges of closed designs.

For your budget, you'll find some good choices in IEMs.

Jan 6, 2011 at 12:59 PM Post #3 of 4
Definitely, IEMs are isolating and ultimately portable.  Very good choice. 

I haven't heard the Shure's but I expect these have the isolation you need.  I use the ever-popular ATH M50's for listening at work and on the bus -- those work great.

Jan 7, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #4 of 4
I ended up going with the SRH440's on the basis that they got good reviews etc and was able to try out a friends pair to see what they were like as well. 

Thankyou for the help both of you and I expect you may well see me around the forums in the future :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back