New to quality IEMs: Need help comparing Sunrise Audio SWXcape, the RE0, and the RE Zero
Jun 9, 2011 at 1:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

martecan

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone,

I'd like to begin by saying that I'm very new to researching quality IEMs, and I have spent all day poring over these forums both yesterday and today looking for what I should buy to replace my old headphones.  I've gathered the sentiment that the RE0 and the RE-Zero are hyped up as great headphones, and a lot of people swear by them.  However; I've also seen that many people dislike the build quality of both the RE0 and the RE-Zero, both in the fact that their cables aren't as strong as some hope, and that one needs an amp to sound as good as it can, and the other has an adaptor required for the plug.

But earlier today I've heard that the Sunrise Audio SWXcape headphones are vastly superior to both RE IEMs.  Their build quality has been vouched for as stronger, and their sound quality is more balanced.  I can't say I'm picky, as I'm no experienced audiophile by any means, but if one pair of headphones is purported as vastly better for the same price, I'd go for it.

I'd like to ask if anybody has compared the Surise Audio SWXcape to the RE0 and/or the RE-Zero, and if one of these is a good purchase for someone in my situation.  I'd like to exercise in them, but I have a cheap pair of headphones I picked up as a replacement yesterday that I could use in lieu of my good IEMs.

I listen to mostly alternative rock, classical, jazz, and some electronic/house music.

Anybody have any suggestions which may be the best choice?  Or, does anybody have any alternative suggestions?

Jun 9, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #2 of 3
I have owned RE0 and Sunrise SW X-cape V1 and currently own the RE-ZERO.
Build quality is about even, as well as comfort, isolation,...
I liked the RE0 best, but some may find it too bright and thin.
The adapter for the RE-ZERO is a pain! If I knew that it was that sensitive, I would never have bought the RE-ZERO.
When I touch the cable at the connector, it cracks/goes quit.
The X-cape was not better or worse sound signature-wise.
All in all, I would say that the X-cape is your safest bet, no adapter and the less analytical sound.
Of course, an amp can change the sound a little, the RE0 needs the amp the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back