New to IEM's. Need Bassy ones.
Dec 31, 2011 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 37

bowei006

Panda Man
Reviewer at Headphone.Guru
Hello I am mainly a headphone person but have decided to enter the IEM market for quite a while now as i needed portability. I am not a newbie or noob as some call it and am good with finding IEM's and what not. Duh, my rank. So i need a good bassy IEM for my artists that i like: I have a price of around $100
Eminem
Lil Wayne
Drake
Rhiana
Lady gaga
katy perry
Black eyed peas

The Eagles
Nightwish
my chemical romance
linkin park
rise against
disturbed
slipknot
dragon force
daughtry
pendulum
skirllex
Deadmau5
green day
Sixx AM

Electric light orchestra
mozart, beethoven

so realy a consumer sound. I have been looking everywhere and i keep getting pulled back to the SE215's. 
I have seen the monster turbines and the whole line of Etyomic's. but the monsters are too expenive and the etyomics don't seem to be bass heavy

My only concern is the wire probelm. is it still a problem? Would it still break in a year. I heard they fixed it? Truth?
Any other IEM's to recommend.

i am a little worried about the bass. i want bass as you can tell, but as an audiophile. i can't have it overpower everything. i have read reviews from no bass to too much bass. in your opinion. which one do you hear?

What looks more exclusive in your opinion? Clear or Black? I like the color black and what not. but the clearness just looks very vry exlusice espeically in regular enviroments and rooms where it just stands out.
I will be using this with an FiiO E17 as i wil be getting both at around the same time.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:01 PM Post #2 of 37
no cable problems anymore as they are replaceable, some say the connection is too loose but this is for you to decide, the problem you are regarding is the cable splitting, this has been eradicated.

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 37

Quote:
no cable problems anymore as they are replaceable, some say the connection is too loose but this is for you to decide, the problem you are regarding is the cable splitting, this has been eradicated.

so it is now ok to buy? I am very intersted in these. will these fit what i need for my music?

Dec 31, 2011 at 6:10 PM Post #4 of 37
i think the general idea is there are better value IEM's for the money, i think they will suit you for what you want sure but im not really able to recommend any others because i havnt dabbled with IEM's at that price range for a while, however wait for a few more opinions because im sure there are better phones at that price will suit you better.

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 37
The UETF10Pro, CKS70, HSA Crystal, JVC FX500, Diddy beats, Sony EX310, JVC XX and JVC FXC51 are recommended. They all are detailed and offers punchy dynamic bass.

Dec 31, 2011 at 7:48 PM Post #8 of 37
i'm now looking at the UE triple Fi 10 and SE215. which one is really solid. the lack of... the triple fi's are also very expensive.. as in out of my range. and i know the Westone 2's are in this range. why the UE triple fi 10 and not westone 2? Would the SE215 be a good choice though still?

am i seeing things??why the UE triple fi 10's are $170.......am i seeing this right?

Jan 1, 2012 at 3:06 AM Post #13 of 37
Thank you, but from experience. i have since chosen not to shop from sites i don't know. I dont' just need bass. ialso need clear mids and what not...as you can tell. (500+ Head Fi'er)  im an audiophile and not just some consumer that will be happy with heart stopping bass.

I never considered the Triple Fi10's because i didn't know they could be had for so cheap.....i mean seriously... triple armature drivers for $145?!!?!?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back